Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • birdbox challenge
  • MSP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46846981

When doing something so stupid, that could quite obviously cause death, what should the charge be? Attempted manslaughter/murder?

Does the law have anything to cover such bizzare reckless life threatening stupidity.

(American and English law probably handle such activity differently)

mariner
    Free Member

That is why the Darwin Award was invented.

MSP

I am not sure if I was killed by some moronic **** driving blindfolded, it would bring great solace to my family that they were awarded a Darwin award.

BikePawl
    Free Member

Since this was a deliberate act on her part, would this invalidate her insurance?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Glad no cyclists were hit.

cranberry
    Free Member

What’s do you do when you find a WW2 bomb, that has started whistling ?

clicky!

ElShalimo

That’s life in Venlo, the greenhouse centre of the Netherlands. There’s not much to do if you don’t like flowers

MSP

There is a big difference between endangering yourself, and endangering others.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Does the law have anything to cover such bizzare reckless life threatening stupidity.

pretty much the definition of dangerous driving and negligence, no?

MSP

Doesn’t seem a serious enough charge IMO, actions which could so blatantly lead to loss of life should be more than just traffic offences.

seosamh77
    Free Member

The basic offence, “Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death”, has a maximum penalty of 14 years’ imprisonment.

seems suitable enough to me, would you like them tarred and feather too? 😆

If they kill someone, you can add an extra charge on to that too, so don’t worry you are covered!

DezB
    Free Member

From the article:

The film has led to a craze in which people attempt everyday tasks while blindfolded

“People” really are absolute **** morons aren’t they.

CountZero

“People” really are absolute **** morons aren’t they.

I find it difficult to come up with any other response to that statement other than yes, yes they are.
    Now, if they’d only stick to kitchen duties like cooking with hot fat, using very sharp knives, etc., nobody else would have to suffer the consequences.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘birdbox challenge’ is closed to new replies.