Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bird Cycleworks – fist bump
  • jamesmio
    Free Member

They get so much praise for their customer service that it’s possibly bordering on repetitive now, but sod it – credit where due.

Recently discovered a small hairline crack near the welds at the rear brake mount on my getting-on-for-3-year-old v1.5 Aeris during a spot of fettling and cleaning. Sent a few photos in along with a warranty report email to Bird on Bank Holiday Monday and Ben replied the next day asking for the stay to be sent in for inspection.

It took me a week or so to get around to getting the bit stripped off and sent down to Bird, but it arrived with them yesterday morning. Half an hour after it arrived, email from Dan confirming they’ve ordered up the replacement bit and it’s due to leave the same day.

No quibbles, no fuss – just a simple, straightforward process.

They really are a properly great company to deal.

/End of gushing.
    JM

tomaso
    Free Member

Just how it should be.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Or you could argue that’s not how it should be .And infact it shouldn’t crack after 3 years
    And maybe just maybe they have a quality issue and are simply very good at replacing broken parts .
    Not that I’m implying this of course but just putting an alternative thought on the matter.
    Glad they sorted it so great outcome

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Or you could argue that’s not how it should be .And infact it shouldn’t crack after 3 years
    And maybe just maybe they have a quality issue and are simply very good at replacing broken parts .
    Not that I’m implying this of course but just putting an alternative thought on the matter.

Considering that it’s first broken aeris ive heard of that seems unlikely.

In a serial component killer (although frames seem to survive, then break for the next owner unfortunately!) So I had a quick demo on an AM9 last week. Even just hopping it off the rooty bank outside their office it’s a surprisingly capable bike for a 29er with a wheelbase that long!

Just need to have a bit of a shed clear out to fund and make space for it!

matt_outandabout

Fair play Bird.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah, could be.

Tbh the Bird FB group is large and very busy (Ben and Dan are great a pitching in and helping with technical stuff) I’ve never heard of any other failures.

benpinnick

We’ve had a few on the older models, but the gen2 bikes less than a handful in three years. Kind words Jamesmio but ultimately that’s what you should expect… On the other hand this morning at the Boltby Bash I had a customer with a mystery creak on his Aeris…. Left it with me at 9ish in a cold damp field, half an hour later it’s been stripped and rebuilt with creaky bearing identified and sorted. It left creak free for a days riding ahead. That’s what I would say is what we would aim to offer over and above. Great day at the bash, and had a nice chat with Chipps of this parish too.

andy4d

^^^and this is why you have a great brand reputation. One day i hope to have a Bird.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Owning my own small business (all be it considerably smaller than Bird) its how you deal with the issue when you have a problem (not if you have a problem as you will have a problem as humans are involved in making it). You always try to deal with it fast and efficiently and Bird are a standout in this respect.

colourofsound
    Free Member

Another shout out for them from me – Ben lent me his 120LT for the Hamsterley Beast the other weekend, we had some great chat and the guy has infinite time for you.

I should add – no sales pitch, no pressure – these guys just make great bikes and love doing it and chatting with riders.

I for one will be getting my first full suss from Bird once the cash comes in, and will continue to ride my 2017 Zero AM until that time!

Thanks @benpinnick – see you at MTB Meet-up!

mechanicaldope

If only they could swear a bit more…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Need more tatts. 😁

b45her
    Free Member

all bikes break, its how its dealt with that matters. in this case rather well it would seem.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bird Cycleworks – fist bump’ is closed to new replies.