Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bird Aether 9A owners – a question
  • bullandbladder
    Free Member

Has anyone running a large frame with a piggyback shock successfully fitted a bottle cage?
    Bird suggested to me a Topeak side- loading cage might work (it doesn’t), and that a 490ml Fidlock will definitely fit. It doesn’t look to me like there’s physically enough room for a bottle regardless of how it’s attached and I don’t want to mess about having to return a Fidlock if it won’t fit. Anyone?

Yak

Are you using the angled adaptor?

(not mine – just nabbed the pic, but you need the angled adaptor piggyback or not on Birds).

igm

Fine with the adapter on my large Aether7 so I’d imagine the 9A would be ok but…

cultsdave
    Free Member

The Fidlock fits my AM9 but you have to turn the brackets around so it sits lower, also need the angled bracket.

ed-
    Free Member

⬆️⬆️⬆️

joebristol

My Arther 7 in medium with piggyback fits a fidlock 490ml just about. So yours should be do-able

scrumfled
    Free Member

9A/ML fits a fidlok bottle easily.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Cool, thanks all – I have the angled bracket-thing, just need the Fidlock now 👍👍👍

joebristol

This is the A7 with small fidlock with Bird ramp

bikesandboots

The Bird front triangles aren’t that spacious. I guess they’d get more space with a shorter top & down tubes bit at the front, and elongating that bottom bit while angling it further down.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bird Aether 9A owners – a question’ is closed to new replies.