Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bioluminescence waves at Anglesey, absolutely stunning.
  • Poopscoop

I’d love to witness this myself one day. Beautiful.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-57610212

ElShalimo

👍👍👍👍👍

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve swum in it a few times (at night obvs) also in N Wales…. It’s pretty memorable.

zippykona

Saw it having a BBQ on a beach in Mustique.
    Would love to have sat on the beach and watched it but far too many bitey things coming out of the sand.

whatgoesup

I’ve been out windsurfing at night in Taiwan and experienced this. A very cool glowing trail in the wake, and jumping in for a swim was fun – glowing splashes !

johnnymarone
    Free Member

I witnessed this whilst camping down Aberafan beach, y eah that one, one night, years ago. Used to assume it had something to with the warm water from the Steelworks. Too much Simpsons opening sequences I think.

kayak23

I always remember when my Dad had a boat moored in the Menai straits, paddling out to it in the little inflatable dinghy each paddle stroke set off a swirl of glowing water.
    Absolutely incredible. 😊

kelvin

Swam surrounded by this in Brittany once. Memorable.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Seen it once before also in the menai straits.
    Was surfing one of the tidal waves at night and each time the front end of my boat caught the water it threw them in the air like little shooting stars. So amazing.

dyna-ti

I’ve been lucky to have seen this off the boat a couple of times. Switch off all the running lights on night passage and it appears around you, though it wasnt as full on as some of the vids on YT. Still quite an incredible sight.

TheFlyingOx

Experienced this once when we were on holiday in Maine. Few late night whiskies by the accommodation jetty, watching the Milky Way swing overhead and suddenly noticed the waves were glowing. Stuck a hand in the water to confirm it wasn’t just the whisky, at which point we got buck naked and went swimming. Absolutely seared into my memory until my dying breath. For that one glorious hour we felt like angels 😆

10/10 – would recommend

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bioluminescence waves at Anglesey, absolutely stunning.’ is closed to new replies.