Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Biking and Beaching holiday in Wales (Call out to the welsh massive).
  • jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Looking to go to Wales this august on holiday with the family (+extended family).
    Looking for best of both worlds for biking and also getting to some nice beaches.
    Looking at mid west Wales at the moment around Aberystwyth or maybe somewhere near Cambridgeshire (no limits really may even try 2 places, most likely will be looking at cottages for accommodation).

Any suggestions to help me narrow down a large part of the country would be greatly appreciated.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Head south….

Seriously I live in the Valleys between Cardiff and Swansea and I have Afan/Cwn Carn/Brechfa as well as lots of local trails to play on, and several descent beaches as well Ogmore & Southerndown to name two

Plus Cardiff (and the Bay) just down the road

ton

been to Aberdovey and Barmouth for such holidays.
    both were great to be honest.
    went to Borth just north of Aberystwyth too, but the riding was not to good, i found a good ride into the nant y ayrian trail from ther but nothing else.

geoffj

Your going to struggle IME.
    North Wales could give you Anglesey + Snowdonia
    West Wales = Pembrokeshire + Preselis and Brechfa
    South Wales for Gower + other trail centres.
    Depends how much of each you want to do, but TBH, I would have thought that all the decent accommodation will be already booked up.

cakefacesmallblock

Harlech, Porthmadog or Lleyn Peninsular / Coed y Brenin, Cadair Idris ?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Aberdyfi … possible best of both worlds.

timmys

Yep, I’ve stayed in Aberdyfi/Aberdovey for a long weekend the last three years. Nice little town and for biking you have Machynlleth 20 min away (Cli-machx, Mach 1,2,3, Dyfi forest). Nant Yr Arian about an hour to the south and Coed Y Brenin about an hour to the North.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Cadair Idris and Snowdon in reach as well.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Thanks all,
    Aberdyfi does look promising and stunning.
    Will check out accommodation.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Thanks to all who recommended Aberdyfi, beautiful Village great beach and a stones through from machynlleth and Coed y Brenin for some nice riding.
    Would defiantly go again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Biking and Beaching holiday in Wales (Call out to the welsh massive).’ is closed to new replies.