Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Italy… Good for a Mtb holiday?
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to book a last minute Mtb holiday for next week… Is it possible to get on a plane goto Italy somewhere and hook up with a guiding company and have a cracking time. Moon on stick

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d guess the guiding companies will know more about their availability than we do…

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Any good ones? I’ve not been before.

johnny

I’m going to northen italy in the summer with some mates. There seems to be a growing range of places in the north. we’ve not booked a guide yet, but I’d google “Molini freeride” and “rivierabike” for guiding on the coast, south of Turin. I’d also google “alpi bike park” for some more alpine stuff. The lakes (esp. Garda) have loads of riding, some a bit more xc, some pretty full-on.

Further south there’s less organised stuff and I don’t know about The legalities of Italian trail access. I lived near Bologna for a while in the early ’00s, but only rode roadbikes. That was fantastic, despite the constant battle of trying not to be dropped by the locals!

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Also thought about going to tuscany with the road bike mite be a bit lonely on me tod though!

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Pila in the North West of the country has some of the best DH runs in the Alps, including an 11km beast.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Awesome that’s a great help ta

edd

Just back from a week with Riviera Bike. Give them a go (easy flight to Nice).

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Cool will do

DavidB
    Free Member
    doug_basqueMTB.com

Thanks for the shout Trekster. Just to clarify, we’re in northern Spain, on the corner where Spain and France meet, just incase people think it’s Italy because of the thread title! Non parlo italiano

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Have. You got anything for next week? I’m not bothered where I go…

freeridenick
    Free Member

Give Mark at Molinifreeride.com a bell. He will be able to sort you out. always plenty of others to ride with.

Great trails in Northern Italy…

toons
    Free Member

These people are in Tuscany

http://www.i-mtb.com/

cakefacesmallblock

Maybe a useful rescource….
    http://www.lagobiker.it/lang/EN/homepage
    It’s a bit “euro” and German biased, but lots of ideas.
    I have never ridden near Lake Garda myself, but have been out there to windsurf and take holidays with the non biking other half.
    We are going next year, again and so is the bike for certain.

honourablegeorge

Been to Finalefreeride.net a few times, they are lovely people, great rails, lovely old town, nice wine, great food, a beach….. ****, I’m going back.

binners

I stayed with Italian friends, by lake Missouri a few years back. Before we went I was under strict orders “you are not taking a bike! We’ll never see you all week!”

I was gutted when we got there. You don’t need guides. I was chatting to a few of the local guys. They just sling their bikes in the cable cars, then head off from the top. There are trails everywhere!

Oh… and its just a stunningly Beautiful place to stay. With great food and wine when you’ve finished

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Italy… Good for a Mtb holiday?’ is closed to new replies.