Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • BikePacking in Galloway
  • summittoppler
    Free Member

A couple of weeks back I had a 2 nighter bike packing the stunning Galloway Park.

Here’s a video of my trip:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/K8cy8i]IMG_20180204_174633_015[/url] by Jeff Price, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/K89eEn]20180203_122240[/url] by Jeff Price, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EpVGKr]IMG_20180203_055755_278[/url] by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Andy

Great! Cheers for that 😁

summittoppler
    Free Member

Thanks Andy  🙂

lotto
    Free Member

Fantastic. Any chance of a route please?

towzer

loved it.

I’m a sort of ex local – we’ve done Glentrool, around Clatteringshaws and the forest drives, still some mileage to cover there tho – cracking area, so hopefully will get another visit in

ta

matt_outandabout

Nice couple of days.

summittoppler
    Free Member

Thanks for watching folks and for the positive feedback.

Yes there’s loads of riding to be had there, its a nice part of Scotland.

Lotto you have an email……

prawny

Wouldn’t mind me a bit of that. One of my favourite parts of the world, even though my experience is normally much nearer the main roads and with family in tow.

Looks proper nice further out in the wilds.

mick_r

Love the area – thanks for that. Very cold memories of -7C Polaris challenge sleepless overnight somewhere near there (Black Loch I think) with some £30 sleeping bags and every single item of clothing we had – young and foolish I guess 🙂

beefy

You got some route details or a gpx maybe? Besides the trail centres I haven’t explored that area at all.

Looks stunning, great work on the video.

summittoppler
    Free Member

Yep a really nice part of Scotland which is fine for a weekend visit from North Wales  (4.5 hour drive). I’ll defo be going back.

Thanks again for the positive feedback on the video, means a lot.

@Beefy
    , I’ll email the GPX in a bit…

summittoppler
    Free Member

@Beefy you have mail….

boxelder

Could I get the GPX too please? I think I’ve worked out where you went. Nice film by the way. Was the bothy in good order?

summittoppler
    Free Member

Boxelder, you have mail.

Thanks again for the positive feedback, glad you enjoyed it. The bothy was fine!

irishbikepacker
    Free Member

Hi this is great thanks. I’m hoping to do this loop prior to a week long bikepacking trip to Italy this year. Could you possible send me the gpx file it would be very much appreciated.

Vortexracing

Fantastic. Any chance of a route please?

same here please, sorry to be a pain 🙁

We did a 3/4 road & 1/4 gravel trip in 2016, loved it. Its on my list again this year, together with a motorcycle trip around there as well.

Vortexracing

summittoppler you have a PM

ta

irishbikepacker
    Free Member

Can anybody send me the gpx for this ?

summittoppler
    Free Member

GPX sent, irish-I need your email so I can send it over

cramwell
    Free Member

Hey, any chance I could grab the gpx for this?! Cheers, Chris , cj.ramwell@gmail.com

fudge9202
    Free Member

Just checked where this is and it’s doable for me from Northern Ireland, 2 hr ferry and a short drive. Would love the gpx file for this

fudge9202@googlemail.com

Cheers

trademark
    Free Member

I’d already watched it on YouTube and it gave me inspiration to pull out my finger and do a trip in what is one of my favourite areas.
    Thanks for that, Summittoppler 👍

Do you still have the gpx file for it?

Cheers.

epicyclo

Wouldn’t it be nice if STW had a repository for GPXs?

allyharp

Wouldn’t it be nice if STW had a repository for GPXs?

Would be nice that. Although didn’t BikeHike remove theirs due to copyright concerns?

I’d also be interested in the gpx. Any chance someone can just bung it on a Good Drive/OneDrive to save all the emails?

summittoppler
    Free Member

Wow, this one came back from the archives!

I’ll ping you guys who left an email the GPX but promise you’ll subscribe to my YouTube channel in return 😉

Its a truely stunning part of Scotland which is fine for us from south of the border.
    Incoming….

fudge9202
    Free Member

Absolutely what’s the link to your YouTube channel

summittoppler
    Free Member

Email sent to Fudge, trademark and cramwell, in return for you to subscribe to jefbricks on YT.
    If anyone else wants the GPX give me your email.

Or do what I did andhave a look at the map and piece something together, you may be surprised how easy it is…..
    🙂

trademark
    Free Member

Thanks very much Jeff 👍
    I’ve been watching your videos for a couple of years now.
    Cheers.

summittoppler
    Free Member

Yay, thanks very much trademark 🙂
    I appreciate the follow

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘BikePacking in Galloway’ is closed to new replies.