Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • BikeMagic is back!
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I just can’t relate to a magazine written with it’s head up it’s arse.

FraserCook

ooh its like Whizzer and Chips, or the jets and the sharks, or some other childish and cheesey musical style gangs.

[adopt deep American film trailer voice]He was a southern shandy drinking jellied eeled eating biker from bikemagic, she was a Northern ,Yorkshire-Tea-drinking, whippet eating, singlespeed self abuser from Singletrack world. They tried to hide their relationship from their brothers and sisters, but love knows no rules, is no respector of pointless website geekery. Will love provail, or will it be moderated?
    watch ‘SingleTrack magic II’… now in 3D

Nobby

Kryton57 – Member
    well, toxic, if you’re using FireFox, you need v5, otherwise clear your cache and retry. People on all platorms are accessing so it shouldnt be an issue.

Incorrect. There are still many that can’t access it with any browser/OS.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Been up a good few days now has it not, looks very amateurish and still way too many forum areas.

as you probably know Factory media are now behind bikemagic so a bigger operation behind it and pool of talent/industry know-how.

if i was a small cottage industry mag/website i wouldn’t be so dismissive of BM/roadcyclinguk and what the parent company have planned for them.

Nobby

And that fool Evans seemed to disappear once he’d driven all the photographers away.

Drac

as you probably know Factory media are now behind bikemagic so a bigger operation behind it and pool of talent/industry know-how.if i was a small cottage industry mag/website i wouldn’t be so dismissive of BM/roadcyclinguk and what the parent company have planned for them.

My future specs are in my other coat so I’m going on how it currently looks.

Kryton57

Sure thats not your CV Drac? 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

So what is the difference between bikemagic and Singletrack then?

Who has the most users?

Jamie
    Free Member

Who has the most users?

…and who has the biggest dad/nob/piss the highest. (delete as applicable)

yossarian
    Free Member

Now now jamie, it’s not a competition.

MSP

Its a competition you say, whips weapon of choice out of pants and aims high up the wall.

FraserCook

Singletrack, more users, poorer forum interface.
    Bikemagic, less users, but more userfriendly [at least it was]. Also less moderated. I think i read somewhere on here that you are not permitted to discuss moderation decisions on the forums?! thats a bit weird if you ask me.
    If you want a question answered, you will likely get a better answer on Singletrack world, due to the volume of users. Bikemagic’s small size and limited users is part of its appeal.
    if you define yourself by which mountain biking forum you use… well thats a bit sad.

Jamie
    Free Member

Now now jamie, it’s not a competition.

It’s not? Oh.

*zips*

I think i read somewhere on here that you are not permitted to discuss moderation decisions on the forums?!

You read wrong, friend.

Drac

Sure thats not your CV Drac?

I have a job and my CV would be no use for a media group. 😀

I think i read somewhere on here that you are not permitted to discuss moderation decisions on the forums

teasel
    Free Member

They both have their merits. Having been lurking here for about a month and finally signing up I’d say Fraser hit the nail on the head with the above post.

Differences -There was a thread a few days ago where Jedi was getting a bit of a ribbing from some (reasonably good) rider and a ‘big hitter’ (?) called for everyone to rally against him and get him banned; a classic reflection of this place from what I’ve gleaned so far. The Bikemagic lot would’ve simply hounded him until he didn’t return. There are less people so eager to report posts they disagree with over there, but as an ex-member once pointed out, it can get a bit Lord Of The Flies without an iron fist.

They’re just bloody discussion forums!

youngwilliam
    Free Member

NEWS “Amy Winehouse is dead”

Typical Bikemagic :- I wouldn’t **** her she looks like a horse, by the way what tyres for SITS?

Typical SingleTrackWorld :- Would it be politically incorrect to say I wasn’t a fan of her music even if all of my Fixie riding mates do.

youngwilliam
    Free Member

Oh my life you can’t even swear on STW!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

There are moderators here? Oh, ****!
    *runs off and hides back on t’other side*

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Had to laugh out loud when I saw it put asterisks in that post 😀

teasel
    Free Member

I saw the word ‘shit’ earlier so not all get censored.

Young William – spot on with the examples.

njee20
    Free Member

And that fool Evans seemed to disappear once he’d driven all the photographers away.

You wait, there’ll be a new crop of the bastards now coming out of the woodwork, and all my good work will be ruined!

Singletrack, more users, poorer forum interface.
    Bikemagic, less users, but more userfriendly [at least it was]. Also less moderated. I think i read somewhere on here that you are not permitted to discuss moderation decisions on the forums?! thats a bit weird if you ask me.
    If you want a question answered, you will likely get a better answer on Singletrack world, due to the volume of users. Bikemagic’s small size and limited users is part of its appeal.
    if you define yourself by which mountain biking forum you use… well thats a bit sad.

That just about covers it. I would definitely say that BM is (was? is going back to being?) a good website with a forum attached, whilst this is a forum, with a half-arsed website attached. If you’re looking for information then BM (or BikeRadar) are a better source, if you want to ask opinions you’ll get more of them here. But y’know, quality/quantity and that.

Nobby

youngwilliam – Member
    Oh my life you can’t even swear on STW!

Much to learn you have.

avdave2

You see this forum is so good because of the people who run it, the sort of people who could get the trains to run on time.

yossarian
    Free Member

Oh ok. Singletrack has always seemed more self controlled and sarcastic to me. More British. BM struck me as place for middled aged trek riders to say stuff to each other that they wouldn’t dare say in front of their wives.

Nobby

yossarian – Member
    Oh ok. Singletrack has always seemed more self controlled and sarcastic to me. More British. BM struck me as place for middled aged trek riders to say stuff to each other that they wouldn’t dare say in front of their wives.

Much to learn you have, also. 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

Singletrack has always seemed more self controlled and sarcastic to me. More British. BM struck me as place for middled aged yeti trek riders to say stuff to each other that they wouldn’t dare say in front of their wives.

Nobby

🙂 @ Klunk

youngwilliam
    Free Member

“the sort of people who could get the trains to run on time.”

Also the type of people who would bore you to **** tears down the pub.

hora
    Free Member

I find BM’s layout too hard to fathom/visually deal with (Sadly as I have fond memories of BM- first site I used when I cameback from a long absense from mountain biking)

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

It really is a sad reflection of the state of Bike Magic when people have to come on this forum trying to get people to defect .

youngwilliam
    Free Member

Nobody is trying to get people to defect. Some people have just had to tolerate this place and the ****’s that populate it for a little while.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

It really is a sad reflection of the state of Bike Magic when people have to come on this forum trying to get people to defect

Don’t think that’s the case at all, pal. Just having a moan about its sad demise.

Just for the record I don’t and never have owned a Trek. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Nobody is trying to get people to defect. Some people have just had to tolerate this place and the ****’s that populate it for a little while.

Heh.

Kryton57

Neil FFS don’t start stupid rumors. The first 1-4 posts describe what I was doing. I wasnt here to lure people away and if they are lured away they must be very weak indeed.

The fact is, BM has be MIA for a couple of weeks due to a tech/web upgrade and I’m informing some of the old hands (a lot present herein) that its back online.

Comments like that typifies the view of some of STW btw, – argumentative rightious SOB’s starting arguments and rumours for no reason.

If you don’t want to visit BM then don’t, its not skin off my considerable hooter.

Kryton57

I might add there are no argummentative rightious SOB’s in BM. No sir, not at all, honest 😉

toxicsoks
    Free Member

I might add there are no argummentative rightious SOB’s in BM. No sir, not at all, honest

*volunteers* 🙂

Kryton57

If only you could log in toxic, you’re well qualified. * remebers flapjack* I mean that in a nice way…..

yossarian
    Free Member

Is youngwilliam the runt of the bikemagic litter? He seems desperate to start an argument, bless him.

youngwilliam
    Free Member

I thought toxic could log in?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

I thought toxic could log in?

Well, y’see, this is the thing – I can log into the new platform at work but from home……I can’t even get an email out to David!
    Any ideas, as I’m getting pretty hacked off. 😈

As I said, previously, I could get used to it, here………but then I am very, very drunk………………….. :mrgreen:

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘BikeMagic is back!’ is closed to new replies.