Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • BikeMagic is back!
  • Kryton57

Hi all – just a quick note or those that didn’t know – BikeMagics website is back on line after a migration and facelift.

Its looks all new and shiny, so pop over and have a play.

*ducks*

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Is this a paid advert? 😮

Kryton57

No, I’m a BM regular and there are some temporarary defectors over here awaiting the new layout to be done – just letting them know its finished.

Not attempting to influence (attn Mr Mod) its all a happy choice eh?

uplink
    Free Member

It’ll be like the schools going back

MSP

Will it be the same old losers posting there? I particularly dislike that pseudo aryan “monkey space pilot” character and “stan” the southern gaylord.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Is this where everyone had defected to? Come back to BM you ‘orrible lot 🙂

Kryton57

@ MSP

Its called “metrosexual” btw. 😀

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

[u]No its not[/i][/u], my login’s still FUBAR and the recovery email is not working.

Drac

Been up a good few days now has it not, looks very amateurish and still way too many forum areas.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

I still get the old platform and/or HTTP 404 not found.
    Who are the new proprietors?

finbar
    Free Member

I’ll pass thanks.

jam-bo

is it still crap?

njee20
    Free Member

Will it be the same old losers posting there? I particularly dislike that pseudo aryan “monkey space pilot” character and “stan” the southern gaylord.

They are truly awful people, the worst is that bloody Nick Evans fellow.

It’ll be like the schools going back

Poke your head into BikeRadar – that’s like Pre-school.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

They are truly awful people, the worst is that bloody Nick Evans fellow.

Can’t remember the last time I saw a posting by the boy Evans…

Kryton57

Ming etc. for logins contact editor@bikemagic.com. There’s a know reason why some of the logins ailed to migrate – they can fix it if the know you’re having issues.

@ Draxc, it says something if you can’t judge five clearly mark forum titles and decide which to use.

Riding = Bike forum
    Soapbox = chat forum
    Classified = for Sale

Not difficult really is it…

Jamie
    Free Member

Been up a good few days now has it not, looks very amateurish and still way too many forum areas.

Never use the site myself, but doesn’t it only have about 5 sections? You not getting it mixed up with Bike Radar?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Bike-what?

njee20
    Free Member

BR is ridiculous in the number of forum areas. Even within the MTB forum there’s about 15. There’s no ‘latest posts’ either – just a ‘posts since last visit’, so if you close your browse and re-open 5 minutes later there’s about 2 threads.

Can’t remember the last time I saw a posting by the boy Evans…

He still crops up – seems to have to just poked his head into the SiTS thread. God I hate him.

jimster
    Free Member

Had a look, not keen, stopped using it 3 or 4 years ago last time it changed.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Been up a good few days now has it not, looks very amateurish and still way too many forum areas

Mods dissing the competition !! poor form old chap, very poor form 🙄

Drac

@ Draxc, it says something if you can’t judge five clearly mark forum titles and decide which to use.

Why does it have a Ladies only area, should it now have a men only area?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

for logins contact editor@bikemagic.com. There’s a know reason why some of the logins ailed to migrate – they can fix it if the know you’re having issues

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server. editor@bikemagic.com

Drac

Mods dissing the competition !! poor form old chap, very poor form

I’m entitled to an opinion all the same, I stopped visiting BM about 8 years ago or more as it was just awful. I’ve been a mod for less than a year.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I don’t know why blokes find it so hard to deal with changes. The new BM site looks different, but it’s all easy peasy really 🙂

youngwilliam
    Free Member

Maybe we could just use this thread and ignore the sanctimonious On-One worshiping STW freaks?

njee20
    Free Member

I used to really like it, but the membership dropped right off and it became very stagnant, I don’t think a face lift will massively help. A shame really, I liked Mike and Dave’s style.

Jamie
    Free Member

Maybe we could just use this thread and ignore the sanctimonious On-One worshiping STW freaks?

Drac

A shame really, I liked Mike

Yup but Mike left along time back too.

trailflow
    Free Member

Looks the same to me.What did they change the font ?

Kryton57

Ah sorry toxic socks hold on…. nope, I gave you the wrong email – create a dummy login and email the editor or post in Soapox/the new Bikemagic forum, he’ll sort you out.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

😯
    *hides sandals, shaves beard*
    Steady, William, steady….

njee20
    Free Member

Yup but Mike left along time back too.

Yes I realise that, was just saying that back in the day I used to like it, and one of the reasons was the folk behind it were a) likable and b) prevelant, used to get into some good discussions.

It was a different forum to here, you tended to have the topics that would run into thousands of posts rather than the transient 5-10 reply jobs you get on here.

Kryton57

That Nick, is becuase they were interesting, and not as repetive as STW posts in my humble opinion….

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Ah sorry toxic socks hold on…. nope, I gave you the wrong email – create a dummy login and email the editor or post in Soapox/the new Bikemagic forum, he’ll sort you out.

I CAN’T GET THE NEW PLATFORM!!
    Sorry for shouting but I’m seriously p155ed off about this.
    *looks round* Actually I may stay here, it’s Northern based after all…. 😉

Kryton57

well, toxic, if you’re using FireFox, you need v5, otherwise clear your cache and retry. People on all platorms are accessing so it shouldnt be an issue.

juiced
    Free Member

stw all the way!!!!!1 🙂

FraserCook

Cant we all just get along?
    I am a long term Bikemagicist, while its been down i have Singletrack worlded, but have always slightly dabbled at both forums. May as well, being subscriber t’ magazine.
    its interesting to see so many Edinburgh folk on this forum, so i will certainly be dipping in more often, even tho BM is back.

SingleTrack magazine is ace! The engine behind the Singletrack world forum, not so good.

njee20
    Free Member

That Nick, is becuase they were interesting, and not as repetive as STW posts in my humble opinion….

Valid point indeed. There was more ‘identity’ which was good too, it felt like one built more of a relationship with other users than on here. I guess a smaller ‘core’ membership probably helped.

youngwilliam
    Free Member

Can’t we all just get along?

I just can’t relate to a magazine written with it’s head up it’s arse.

Kryton57

S’right Nick, and they often meet and ride together in small manageable groups, ‘cept those that drop out of course eh? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘BikeMagic is back!’ is closed to new replies.