Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bike van bike loading solutions – show me yours
  • Paceman
    Free Member

Just bought a VW T5 SWB Van for bike van duties, pick it up in a few days, interested to see how other stack / load their bikes and kit for journeys.

Thanks

Paceman 8)

porter_jamie

good choice of van sir.

buy lots of elasitc sprogger thingys and never ever lend them to anyone because you will never see them again.

when i had a single seat in the back i did this. now i have removed it i just use the tie down points on the floor. if i have more than one bike to carry, i put an old sheet between the bikes to stop scratches etc.

useful clipping points are up the underneath of the fork steerer, saddle rail (be careful you don’t scratch ti rails)

if you need more than two tie downs you are doing it wrong. i can have the bike in and tied down in less than 15 seconds.

Paceman
    Free Member

Good advice Jamie 😀

campfreddie
    Free Member

i have a t5 swb camper conversion.

i have a rock’n’roll seat setup in the back with sufficient room between the seat back and rear doors to pack two bikes in. i have room alongside the seat (which sits 2) to fit a third, and then i have a thule towbar rack for a further 2 bikes.

all in, i can happily accommodate 5 bikes plus riders (i have a double bench seat up frnt) in total comfort. the two in the back can watch dvd’s on the flip-down tv, and i can sort out a fry-up on the hob in the back.

all this in a vehicle capable of parking in a normal parking space.

i love t5’s!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bike van bike loading solutions – show me yours’ is closed to new replies.