Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike stand
  • yorkshiresfinest
    Free Member

Hi Everyone

Looking for a cheap but cheerful bike stand to be able to work on my bike. What are people using in sure ages ago I read the Aldi or Lidl one was decent for the money but they don’t seem Todo then anymore.

Thanks
    Tom

duncancallum

Aldi this week I think has them

danmac
    Free Member

Aldi do have a cycling event on but massive lack of work stands in my local 2. Not showing online either 🙄

damascus
    Free Member

I’ve gone years without a bike stand. When ever I needed one I just used a spare stand at my LBS or just managed with an Andy stand.

Covid meant I couldn’t hang out with my friends at the LBS so I’ve just bought one which is in the post. Wanted a flat footed one and cheap as probably won’t use it much.

It will probably get used as a bike stand to store a bike to give me more space.

It might be a total let down and nothing like the picture but at least you have some protection through ebay / PayPal. I’ll let you know what it’s like if and when it arrives.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Home-Mechanic-Bike-Bicycle-Cycle-Repair-Meh-Stand-Workstand-Heavy-Duty-/384001881177?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

dyna-ti

Another plus for the aldi/lidl stand. It’s cheap, cheerful, and those who have managed all those years without one will wonder why not right after buying their first(cos it was cheap)

It’s stable, extends plenty high and does what it says on the packet.
    Park and the like you’re paying for better parts,namely the clamp, but overall it does pretty much the same job as the cheap aldi/lidl version.

escrs
    Free Member

The Aldi/Lidi ones were available all year round on Ebay and were cheaper including delivery

Things may have changed since the lockdown price increase of anything bike related!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike stand’ is closed to new replies.