Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • bike seems to be clicking when pedaling
  • skeetsgb
    Free Member

hi guys

after bieng out on my bike at landellga, ive noticed after doing the black that when i pedal the right side down there seems to be a clicking noise. it pedals okay, but the clicking is annoying.

any suggestions how to stop the click

thanks

RealMan
    Free Member

Is your front mech cable sticking out a little and contacting with the crank?

woody2000

Spds? Strip and grease em, click no more!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Shoes with laces? Was it the ferrules on the lace flicking the chain/seatstay?

skeetsgb
    Free Member

ive check cables, and there fine,

pedals are v8 if that helps. maybe do just need greasing, if thats the case, what type please. (im useless at diy, but give out ago)

nickswolves
    Free Member

I had similar problem and it was the pedal bearings that had gone, so could be new pedal time!

skeetsgb
    Free Member

thanks guys, i have some old pedals what came with the bike, i will put them on to see if it continues. if it doesnt, i will grease , if that doesnt work, new peds i think

thanks again

legolam
    Free Member

Weird. I just posted about exactly the same problem. Seemed to get a little better after re-greasing, but hasn’t gone completely. Is it easy to replace the bearings on V8s?

woody2000
    alexpalacefan

Sheldon’s your man 🙂

Diagnosing bike noises.

APF

CheesybeanZ

chain ring bolts ?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It’s probably just dirt, give the chain, cogs etc a really good clean.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Does it do it in every chainring?
    Slightly bent chainring tooth perhaps?

atlaz
    Free Member

My road bike did that. turned out it was the pedal ripping out of the crank over a series of rides

skeetsgb
    Free Member

i took pedals off, gave them a grease, plus everything else i could see on the bike, and guess what, not one creek or click ! 😀

thanks again, good advice as usual

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘bike seems to be clicking when pedaling’ is closed to new replies.