Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike progress
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Over the last, say couple of years has anyone noticed that they are faster, down or up, is it easier to get over certain obstacles, has their overall riding improved due to new frame design, wheel size etc or have all the latest developments left you unfazed?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes

mjsmke

In a confidence way, yes. I just hope frames don’t get too long. My full sus is 3 years old and feels spot on for me but my hardtail is a current model and although very comfortable i would prefer it 2cm or so shorter.

kayla1
    Free Member

Yes. I love slacker head angles but newer frames are too long for me, I’ve just* gone ‘back’ to a slightly shorter (but still slack) frame.

* actually still waiting for PF to turn up…

nedrapier

Yes. 29er – faster uphill. Fatbike – faster still uphill. Rigid SS 26er – just fun and zippy. 26 hardtail – jumpy and raggy downhill. Jones spacefrace – makes everything feel relaxed, even the steepest, nadgeriest DHs.

All improve on each other in different ways.  They all get a go-out fairly regularly

OwenP

Yes.

Overall “bigger” bikes (reach, wheelbase etc) means for the first time bikes can feel like they fit me. I’m 6’2″ so no giant, but with long arms and legs. I’m fully prepared to believe this is partly psychological on my part, but as a result of recent trends I like riding my bike more and feel like I’ve progressed faster.

See also: long (170mm+) dropper posts, “fun” 29ers and the increased choice of bars with more rise.

the00
    Free Member

I haven’t tried a new bike, but I am tempted to replace my 8yr old 29er hardtail. I might demo something this year.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Yes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike progress’ is closed to new replies.