Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike Insurance
  • Matinmidiswa
    Free Member

HI there,

I’ve been told by my house insurance company that they only recognise bikes to the value of £1500…..crazy.

I need to get my new Scott Genius insured. Any ideas of insurance companies that recognise bikes over £1500?

Cheers
    M.

stufield
    Free Member

Same happened to me so switched pronto to M&S Any bike up to value of £4000, you can have them insured for more but they have to be a separate item.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i just had to change mine because of new bike that’s worth… er… more than £4000…

switched to ING, was pretty good value and automatic cover of £70,000 contents. including two high value bikes was about £380 per year.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Another vote for M & S…

theflatboy
    Free Member

have a look here for others’ views: http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/topend-bike-insurance-specific-or-on-home-contents

(and M&S sounded promising but wouldn’t cover one of my bikes)

stufield
    Free Member

Theflatboy do you talk to them or just look at the web?

Collection means all my CDs, Stamps etc… not bikes. Their individual items or a collection of parts each bike you should get 4000 as standard. Then they will cover higher value items but you have to tell them what it is and pay more.

theflatboy
    Free Member

well time was of the essence, so i did it all online. went through the M&S app process and when it got to the bit where i declared the more expensive bike it said they would not insure a bike of that value. so i gave up at that point.

ING was pretty straightforward and seemed like good cover so went with that instead.

Matinmidiswa
    Free Member

Cheers all…

I’ll switch to M&S!!!

M.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike Insurance’ is closed to new replies.