Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Bike fettling………………………in the kitchen????!
  • Mikkel
    Free Member

My crosslight was also build in the kitchen, bike before that in the lounge.
    The carpet in lounge was defenetly nicer than kitchen, but new house have not got any carpets and most space in kitchen.

steve_b77
    Free Member

My last 3 bikes have been built in either the kitchen or the conservatory.

It’s just too cold in the shed at the moment to do anything mind

excitable1
    Free Member

Listen, you haven’t lived until you’ve put your bike in it’s stand and cantilevered it over the marital bed…. naked maintenance 😯 !

….let the tool and lube jokes commence !

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I have a picture of my new Kona being ridden over the marital bed. Not sure if I can post it from a photo. 😯

tomhoward

lol at Thrustyjust. I only know one word in Portuguese…

andyrm
    Free Member

Never mind anything about working on the bikes indoors……. this is the winning post:

And she didnt mumble as was in the kitchen doing the ironing while cooking dinner

Legend.

Milkie
    Free Member

Bikes kept in the living room.. Currently most of the tools, oils, grease have worked their way into the living room too, and it wasn’t me either! But it’s two mtb’ers sharing a house.

The good thing is, the living room always smells nice… GT85 nice 😉

Aidy
    Free Member

My normal line is that the bike workshop is in kitchen mode 🙂

labsey
    Free Member

Annoyingly, my kitchen isn’t really big enough:

Haha good effort.

Yeah sometimes in the kitchen. Sometimes in the bathroom.

swavis

I like using the kitchen, it’s close to the fridge where the beer is 😀

bland

Are you sure you havent put your kitchen outside for that shot, what with the crazy paving and all!

barkit
    Free Member

@ maxtorque

wow, I’m impressed that’s pretty neat (I’m not talking about the kitchen)!

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Ha, I love these threads….kitchen is SO the place to fettle!

I’m also loving the Damien Hirst-esque shots of bikes in varying stages of ‘life’ – perhaps we could start a separate thread dedicated to this niche genre??

emac65
    Free Member

Garage for me – it has everything I need – sound system,big fat double radiator & beer fridge………

maxtorque

Mee old Zestys okay ain’t it 😉

Just rear shocker to change, and i’m sorted!

Stuck though, between a CCDBa and some sort of Fox flavoured boinger?

Any excuse for another pic, this time being, erm, “unfettled” at Chicksands:

😉

The problem with my house seems to be that someone thought “ooh, wouldn’t it be good to have a massive living room” and it is, but unfortunately, that only left about 6sqrFeet for the Kitchen…….

crazy-legs

Yep, kitchen everytime.
    Wooden floor, plenty of space, good light.

When I was at uni my housemates initially complained about me cleaning the MTB in the kitchen. However they soon realised that the only time the floor got swept was after I’d done the bike cleaning so I’d sweep up all the mud – and all their spilled food, fag ends etc.

Aidy
    Free Member

When I was at uni my housemates initially complained about me cleaning the MTB in the kitchen. However they soon realised that the only time the floor got swept was after I’d done the bike cleaning so I’d sweep up all the mud – and all their spilled food, fag ends etc.

Hah, that rings a bell. I’d forgotten about that 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Bedroom is where it’s at.

wobbem
    Free Member

Bearings and fork oil changes etc done in Kitchen, Bike is washed down after riding in bath/shower ( Living in London flat with no garden )
    Drinking beer whilst working on bike is not recommended imo as eyes tend to lose focus making looking for dropped screws etc a pain in the butt.

andypaul99
    Free Member

Swavis – nice floor tiles

pcb
    Free Member

I actually miss working on my bikes in the kitchen now I have a garage.

Nice and warm and a kettle nearby.

PCB

Basil

Err on occasion!!

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Toxicsoxs, you should be ashamed working in the kitchen on a bike it may pollute the flapjack

vickypea
    Free Member

We live in a tiny house with 6 bikes in the spare bedroom, and the kitchen and living room used for fettling, and for storage of muddy camelbaks and MTB shoes!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Dales_rider – Member
    Toxicsoxs, you should be ashamed working in the kitchen on a bike it may pollute the flapjack

“No flapjack was harmed in the fettling of this bike ” 8)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Brilliant thread, no pics but new road bike been taking pride of place in living room, and just built munqe chicks winter road bike up in living room at her suggestion.

When I lived in a flat the full sus lived in the lounge and the HT in the bedroom.

twohats
    Free Member

Kitchen! I have my own bike room!

DavidB
    Free Member

swavis – is that instant coffee near the kettle?

superdale
    Free Member

I like to service my brakes in the kitchen with the toaster and kettle at hand!

oldnick

Got to be the kitchen, that way I know any missing bits and tools will be under the fridge.

Back in the days of Mrs oldnick she came back from work once to find the FZR600R filling the kitchen. All she said was “oh, you doing the valve clearances then?” 😀

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Hello Mrs. C, my name is Mr.C.

Like me? Like bikes?

Good thing she does because we are not getting our deposit back on this flat cause… Well I’ve ruined the aesthetics with Bloke Dynamics.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Bike fettling………………………in the kitchen????!’ is closed to new replies.