• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Bike disappearance mars Banksy artwork in Nottingham
  • inkster
    Free Member

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2020/nov/23/bike-theft-mars-banksy-artwork-in-nottingham

Looking at the picture that looks like quite a nice steel frame and rigid forks. Given the price of steel frames these days and their perpetual loveliness I think Mr Banksy would have done better to furnish his artwork with something made of aluminium.

convert

My money is on it having been removed by a well meaning council worker unaware of the connection to the creation on the wall next to it.

trumpton
    Free Member

Shame. Sure a nice FS bso can be put in it’s place.

trumpton
    Free Member

It deserves to be a nice old Kona though with a big tj approved lock on it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Looking at that I’d say Tracey Jayne needs to work on her self esteem or her photoshop skills.

DezB
    Free Member

The back wheel was always missing from the bike anyway.

DezB
    Free Member

Tracey Jayne needs to work on her self esteem or her photoshop skills

She does have rather large hands for one with such a svelt body shape 😆

trumpton
    Free Member

Don’t think it would make any difference if it was alloy as bike thieves will steal anything. I bet alot of them would prefer alloy as they think it’s better. It’s only bikers who appreciate steel. The casual thief probably thinks that steel is nasty and heavy and alloy is brilliant and light.

martinhutch

Looking at that I’d say Tracey Jayne needs to work on her self esteem or her photoshop skills.

She hasn’t even included Badger in the photo. Poor effort.

MoreCashThanDash

Given where it was located, it was always going to go missing.

martinhutch

Besides, the removal of the bike helps contextualise the original artwork properly.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The little girl did it.

franksinatra

Alternative story, community takes responsibility for clearing abandoned, broken, bike away from run down graffiti ridden area in attempt to clean up their community.

I appreciate the quality of his work but Banksy is still a self legitimised vandal.

DezB
    Free Member

Ohh, controversial! 😆

thols2

My money is on it having been removed by a well meaning council worker unaware of the connection to the creation on the wall next to it.

This.

Once you see it, you can’t unsee it, eh.

bikegeeks.com
    Free Member

Its been replaced with another bike now 🙂

Pieface

Banksy removed the bike

brads
    Free Member

Was more pissed about the dead husband comments, wtf. People need to get a life.

inkster
    Free Member

Robbo’s ghost removed the bike.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

dead husband comments

?

brads
    Free Member

The comment saying that her dead husband was being disrespected by the thief because he worked at Raleigh and died young.
    What on earth does that have to do with someone nicking a vandals bike.?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Forget it. Just seen the comment.

DezB
    Free Member

Was more pissed

*hic*

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Bike disappearance mars Banksy artwork in Nottingham’ is closed to new replies.