Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike choice for Finale
  • pintofbestbitter
    Free Member

Off to Finale in March for a few days.

I’ve got a DH bike but thinking it’ll be ‘too much bike’.
    Am I better off getting hold of a freeride/endur-woah bike?

We’ll be doing all uplifted stuff so minimal pedalling

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

If all uplifted take the dh bike, If you want to do any sort of offpiste wandering (of which there is lots)  an enduro shred sled.

honourablegeorge

I used to always take a DH bike, never felt overbiked. There’s little or no pedalling apart from a few flatter bits on the likes of Rollercoaster, but you’re very quickly on the move again . Certainly wouldn’t bother getting a different bike just for the trip.

pintofbestbitter
    Free Member

Excellent. Many thanks.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Depends on who you are going with, what guides etc. I certainly would not  have wanted a dh bike there last year. One of the guides had one on some of the days, but she was super fit and could pedal the thing when nesesary.

I think a nomad would be perfect.

andykentos
    Free Member

I was there in November on a 160mm travel reign, found it to be perfect, could charge down everything and still ride up to do mens DH and other stuff.  Downhill bike to me would be overkill, however if i only had the one bike and it was a DH bike then it would do.  I

f you want to ride stuff like the Karma trail ( first stage of the EWS from 2017) which involves a long ride/stroke push up then  DH is a lot of effort.   Worth it though, one of the best rides i did in Finale.

Either way you will have a blast, best place i have ridden so far, planning on going back in April.

julians
    Free Member

I think a 160mm enduro gnarpoon would be perfect. I didnt feel underbiked on mine.

I think a dh bike would feel a bit overkill.

I did wish id taken the full face helmet though.

pintofbestbitter
    Free Member

OK thanks for all the advice. Seems like 160mm is the best option for this kind of trip.

alpin
    Free Member

I’m parked up near the start Ca’Bianca and Lil’Champery… A van load of full on downhillers just drove past. But then again, several vans loaded up with enduro bikes have driven past, too.

Was out yesterday and there was a group of lads going down Rollercoaster; some with DH rigs, some with 160mm enduro bikes and a few with 140mm trail bikes. They were all having fun…!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike choice for Finale’ is closed to new replies.