Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike carriers – lost keys (numpty content)
  • white101

So a few years back I bought a set of roof bars and 2 carriers from Halfords (the carriers were those copy versions of the Thule carrier) anyway they got me through 3 years on a Mondeo estate and 4 on a Passat estate only for me to buy a Yeti and the feet didn’t fit.

So as the Yeti had a towbar I used by towbar carrier that is on my campervan.

I’m now wanting to put the rack on the roof of the Yeti when I tow the caravan, only numbnuts here has put the keys in a safe place, you know the one, the safe place you can’t recall.

Anyway rather than buy a whole new outfit, I was going to buy some new roof bars that fit the Yeti and attach the carriers.

Can you get replacement barrel locks for these style carriers? I’ve been on websites but cant find anything helpful?

If not the scrap man is in for a bonus when he passes.

martinb
    Free Member

If they are made by Thule and have a 3 digit code on the barrel you can get replacement keys from ebay for a couple of pounds

sbtouring
    Free Member

Do the locks have a number on the barrel? If so a locksmith might be able to get a replacement key for you.

nbt

As above, you need the key code from the barrel and then a locksmith or ebay will see you right

white101

Cheers all, used the numpty caveat to good effect there.

Set of roof bars for sale will fit mondeo 08 plate and 61 passat.

jkomo

Check your coat pockets.
    Mine were in a jacket I hadn’t worn for ages.

white101

Seriously, the minute the new keys arrive I’ll put them in a draw next to the originals.

white101

And lo it came to pass, a week after the new keys arrive I find attached to the broken garage door zapper (which I took out on a ride today and subsequently couldn’t get in the house) the keys I’ve spent years searching for.

chaos

This is the way

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike carriers – lost keys (numpty content)’ is closed to new replies.