Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bike bag question
  • Trimix
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a bike bag.

I need something my wife can use for her commute bike. She just wants to pop the front wheel off and stick the rest in a bag. Then bung that in the back of her car. It’s just a hybrid and she only wants to remove the front wheel. This would be quick and also protect the inside of the car from dirt, grease, scuffs and scratches. The commute bike is normally dirty and well used but the car is brand new. Bunging it in the back of the car in the dark when you just want to get home is the priority.

So far all the bike bags we can find are so small you have to take both wheels off.

We are not looking for a padded bag or something you would attempt to use for flying etc, just a cheap, big bag.

Tiboy

What about a rug designed to protect the car for dogs rather than a bike bag? I’ve seen ones that have tied to attach to seat belt point etc

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Yet to use it, but I was randomly given the “fire” version of https://www.amazon.co.uk/erl980-Mountain-Bicycle-Storage-Anti-Dust/dp/B07TV4878N/ref=mp_s_a_1_14 at Xmas, as I store my road bike indoors and this was to protect the carpet and walls as and when we hopefully move this year.

This does mean it has to be disconnected from the turbo and be ridden outdoors! 😮

Onzadog
    Free Member

Evoc do a bike bag (not the big travel one) that uses buckles on the end which gives you the option of bagging the bike with both, one, or no wheels. We use a couple if these for when the bikes are really ditched.

CraigW
    Free Member

The CTC bike bag is just a big plastic bag. Most bikes should fit, with the wheels on.
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/ctc-cycling-uk-plastic-bike-bag/

dknwhy
    Trimix
    Free Member

Cheers for the suggestions, the Evoc bag looks OK, but its a shame it dosent completely cover the bike.

sparksmcguff

Planet X where doing one that should work. I’m tall and the px bag I have is spacious.

tomhoward

Mattress bag.

thepurist

I’d go for a boot liner for the car – you’ll potentially be chucking all sorts of other crap in there too so why just buy a bag for the bike.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Custom fitted boot liners look like a good option (my car is long past bothering to protect).

Alternatively duffbag and others did huge bags designed to take a dirty bike for storing in rental flat / cars. No idea if they’re still in business though. They went through a bit of a “sick bikes” phase of not being able to get any stock and having to refund people.

https://www.biketart.com/accessories-c5/bags-c14/bike-bags-c116/duffbag-monster-bag-p16037

oldnpastit

After years of trashing the inside of my car, I bought a giant fitted rubber mat. It is pretty awesome.

There’s loads of them on ebay, you can get one designed for the inside of your car.

It also protects your car very effectively from dog sick.

Alternatively, +1 for the CTC bag (see wiggle link above) is very good. I’ve just used one to transport my bike to/from California.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bike bag question’ is closed to new replies.