Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Biggest band who have never reformed/regrouped etc?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dez, Brothers in Arms – album sales in excess of 30million. That one album alone probably outstrips the album sales of the Jam's entire discography.

That said, I find it even sadder that Abba outstrip all the rest put together!

JtotheP68
    Free Member

Or one of my fav's the Minutemen

The singer D.Boon died in the early 80's, they became fIREHOSE with a new singer.

grtdkad

Are we not forgetting STEPS?

grtdkad

I got to see The Jam six times in my youth and thought 'From The Jam' would be a good bet for a first proper gig to take my 13-yr old son to.
    Of course he was adamant that he didn't want to go so I didn't buy any tickets…lo and behold the night before the gig he turns around to me asking if we are still going to see that band then? And had the gall to look disappointed!

…blaaardee typical!

Still managed to get the whole family groovin' to Weller at the Mini's 50th Festival though! "God Like Genius"

JtotheP68
    Free Member

Are we not forgetting STEPS?

An observation, for some reason on this particular forum people who have obviously no opinion or interest in the topic being discussed will often just post random sarcastic answers that they find amusing that they wish to share with others. I've never encountered this on other forums, I find it strange.

grtdkad

"Are we not forgetting STEPS?"

The statement was to remind ourselves how lucky we are that not all commercially successful artists would be welcome back…

DezB
    Free Member

Steps can't reform, one of the principal members is dead

grtdkad

Gutted 😀

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Tragedy 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Taxi for Tijuana Taxi!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Dez, Brothers in Arms – album sales in excess of 30million. That one album alone probably outstrips the album sales of the Jam's entire discography.

Was just about to post the same thing. And sorry, but it's a fine album – Side B was a forgotten gem. They'll never be forgiven for Walk of Life and Money for Nothing but MTV and the sudden mass-market take up of the CD meant that we were subjected to those two songs non stop for a year or two.

They have four other fine albums before BIA.

(Let's just forget On Every Street, shall we)

Oh, and I love the Jam too, and The Style Council and Weller solo stuff. And he wears the same shoes as me 😀

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Had to revisit this when I realised no one had mentioned

Chas and Dave

mudshark
    Free Member

Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band at the time of Trout Mask Replica; Beefheart's voice is shot now though….

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Fish back with Marillion for me please. They did 1 song together the other year at some little festival, but a full reunion would do for me.

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Biggest band who have never reformed/regrouped etc?’ is closed to new replies.