Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Biggest band who have never reformed/regrouped etc?
  • soulrider
    Free Member

anyone actually mentioning ABBA as a F***************** BAND should be SHOT… unceremoniously…

they were a POP Group… and therefore S***E

BigJohn

I don't think Mark Radcliffe ever rejoined Skrewdriver.

RepacK
    Free Member

Up to a few years ago I would have said without any doubt The Clash but Joe isnt with us anymore.. 😥

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

talking heads , end of story

corroded
    Free Member

Talking of Talking Heads, anyone read Byrne's book The Bicycle Diaries?

Bands that have never reformed: original line up of The Supremes. Think they're all still with us…

DezB
    Free Member

The Jam is a good call. I mean "From the Jam"? What a joke!

Stranglers?

Dave, Dee, Dozey, Mick & Titch?

Reformed bands are always shit anyway except Gang of Four

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

i have read the bicycle diaries but was dissapointed by it , got quite bored quite quickly .he's written other books like the new temptations and to be honest he's the wrong side of quirky and heading into obsession for my tastes.

john_l
    Free Member

The Jam would be brilliant right up until the point at which you saw them all gathered on stage – it just couldn't be the same, Weller's too big & moved on too far & the other 2 would know it.

Charlatans very much together AFAIK, i saw them live about 18 months ago.

pretty sure that it wasn't the original line-up, didn't their guitarist die in a car crash?

Squeeze.

Crag
    Free Member

Five Star

M6TTF
    Free Member

bros

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

millie vanilli

zaskar
    Free Member

Queen -well without Freddy Mecury.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

john_l – Member

The Jam would be brilliant right up until the point at which you saw them all gathered on stage – it just couldn't be the same, Weller's too big & moved on too far & the other 2 would know it.

… and they'd probably want to employ another bunch of thuggish morons as their road crew to piss everybody off who had anything to do with them…

Warning: Shameless self-promotion content follows

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sound

DezB
    Free Member

You were in The Sound, Mr Woppit? You must be Mike Dudley then. Not much chance of them reforming thats for certain.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

DezB – Member

You were in The Sound, Mr Woppit? You must be Mike Dudley then. Not much chance of them reforming thats for certain.

Well, we could dig Ade and Max up and have them on stage, but it wouldn't be the same… 😯

DezB
    Free Member

I think the only reformed band I'd go to see is BowWowWow.
    Just cos I used to fancy Annabella and Leigh Gorman is one of the best bass players ever. 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Well, at least she's legal now…

DezB
    Free Member

I don't mind 😉

Chardo
    Free Member

Peter Green rejoining Fleetwood Mac?

JtotheP68
    Free Member

The Jam, The Stone Roses, original Guns and Roses, The Smiths. I doubt any of those will happen though. I went to see the reformed magazine recently and even though John McGeoch is dead they were one of the best bands I've ever seen.

Husker Du and fIREHOSE would be good to see.

cinnamon_girl

Mr Woppit – had a very quick scan of that link, it must have been an amazing time. Lots to read later. Tell me – has life ever been the same since? Do you miss it? Do you still have drums?

Saw a few of my old stomping grounds mentioned – The Greyhound in Fulham Palace Road from my hippie days. 8) Was a very regular visitor there. 🙄 The Marquee too.

Dunno answer to the original question though, people keep dying.

sc-xc

Neds Atomic Dustbin

I'm pretty sure that Neds get together every Christmas for a gig or two round here.

metalheart
    Free Member

CRASS

:mrgreen:

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

soulrider – Member

anyone actually mentioning ABBA as a F***************** BAND should be SHOT… unceremoniously…

they were a POP Group… and therefore S***E

Nowt wrong with unpretentious pop. Try to define whats pop and whats rock is hard anyway.

Top POP bands
    Slade Bananarama Human league, Smiths, Blondie for starters

brick
    Free Member

New Fast Automatic Daffodils

DaRC_L

Deep Purple with Gillan (so the 2nd line up)

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

KLF

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Deep Purple with Gillan (so the 2nd line up)

That was done for the "Perfect Strangers" album

Pity we can't get Cozy back and reform Rainbow to the Rising period

And one more to get back together,Wishbone Ash

cinnamon_girl

DP has got to have Gillan!

Another vote for Wishbone Ash, saw them many a time and still play their albums. 8)

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

I see that Wishbone Ash are down to play the High Voltage gig at Victoria Park in East London around July time
    Apparently going to play the "Argus" set, so could be good, they are now known as Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash

Looking like a goodie especially if Mr Dio is well enough for Heaven and Hell to play along with UFO, ELP, ZZ Top, Gary Moore and a fair few others from my younger days too
    Suppose Iron Maiden would have been the logical choice being the home band as it were, but they are busy at Knebworth

Used to live very near Vicky Park and can't wait for this one 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

OK folks, I think we're going off the rails here. The question was about the "biggest", not the one you like!

As such, I think we have to agree that the top three (Based on potential/actual album sales and potential/actual touring revenue of a reformation) are Abba, GNR and Dire Straits.

CountZero

Ah yes, Talking Heads. There's a band I'd love to see again. Saw them touring the '77 album, their first. Supported by Dire Straits, as it happens. Tina Weymouth's mad as a box of frogs, but a great bass player, and brilliant rhythm section. Love them.

andrewh
    Free Member

T-rex

Think their singer passed a good while back now

For more info on Marc Bolan see Mackem's headset thread. Also pics of Jimmy Page and TJ making a fool of himself 😆 (although I may have started that by not recognising Jimmy Page either…)

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Sleeper!

Ah, Louise…. Sigh!

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Minor Threat? Didn't get to see them first time around.
    Or one of my fav's the Minutemen

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

Jailcell recipes .
    nearly reformed back end of last year , but it didnt quite happen .
    Yea , they were huge in Wigan .
    And Japan .

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sssshhhh now, but I really really wish Dire Straits would reform for one last tour…

They're all still around and it might make Knopfler stop writing MOTR country…

DezB
    Free Member

Abba, GNR and Dire Straits.

Surely The Jam sold more records than Dire Straits? Surely? Please tell me for the sake of all that is good and decent in the world of music that Dire Shitting Straits are not more popular than The Jam?

grtdkad

Sleeper!
    Ah, Louise…. Sigh

I recall going to see them in Newcastle (quite) a few years ago…Louise was on stage in a vest top and was quite literally STEAMING 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

New Fast Automatic Daffodils

One of my mates at school was in the New FADs (Justin Crawford), I'll ask him for you. 😉

Anyway, I'd like to see the Monkees reform.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Biggest band who have never reformed/regrouped etc?’ is closed to new replies.