Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any Adobe Premiere Elements users on here? Q about output?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Is there a way I can change the output frame size, for instance my original footage is 720×480 and I want to export a video at say 600×400 or smaller to reduce the file size for uploading to internet, but the best video output seems to be DVAVI, then if I set it to DVNTSC it stays at 720×480 and if I set it to DVPAL it goes to 720×576, and in both these settings the frame size is locked so it will only output at 720×480 or 720×576, is there any way I can change this? Or, any advice as for other settings welcome as it seems to be a minefield of settings and I've tried others which take ages to render only to fail or look pants so it's a lot of waiting or messing around just to see if something works. And will it make any difference if I used DVNTSC or DVPAL for playback on pc's or the net, I'd like to keep the original aspect ratio?? I've gone through other preset settings but they all seem to be locked??

What I've done so far is to output the video then take it to Windows Movie Maker to 'publish movie' with different settings to get smaller files, but that seems a bit long winded and thought there must be a way to do it straight from Premiere??

😕

tommo999
    Free Member

Doesn't it come with a preset youtube output setting?
    http://www.adobe.com/digitalimag/explore/

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Yeah, it comes with youtube settings but this automatically opens a link to youtube to load it up there, which I don't want to do – you can't save it to your pc or anywhere else (unless someone knows different please tell me how?), I use vimeo and I want to load up to somewhere else too? 😕

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I'm just trying output in: Share > PC > Adobe Flash Player – as you can adjust the frame size in this but it's going to take 30 mins before I can see if that's any good??

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

AAAAAARRRGGGGHHHH that didn't work!!

And now I've noticed that any videos that I am outputting are being squashed horizontally WHY!!!??? Although my original footage is 720×480 and I set the output footage to 720×480 NTSC and the file says it's 720×480 on the screen it's being played more like 600×480, it's squashing an inch or so off the sides WHY WHY WHY!!

AAARRGGGHH I've been here 2 days trying to sort this video, frickin rubbish program might just as well use bleedin movie maker!!!

👿

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any Adobe Premiere Elements users on here? Q about output?’ is closed to new replies.