Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • big up to Merlin – poo poo Wiggle
  • sefton
    Free Member

bought 2 items from Merlin recently – orders placed mid afternoon and delivered the very next day (great help too – getting an old fork out of stock and e-mailing me a pic before I bought it).

Wiggle bought a dropper seatpost – forgot to put the £10 off voucher – sent an e-mail explaining this straight away – no reply – next day chatted “live” to them explaining this – Wiggle “sorry we cannot do anything after the order has been processed”

Merlin – great customer services (who you can actually talk too like a human being)- Big Up 😉

bruneep

So it’s wiggles fault you forgot to add voucher?

You can return seat post and re order the seat post using voucher, however the postage would probably cancel out the value of the voucher.

cp

two shops run in very different ways – Wiggle, you stick to the system, but the system works very well. With wiggle, you would have to change your order online, or if it’s already processing, take delivery & then return it. Order a new one with the voucher.

Merlin – more flexible. But FAR less range in stock, much smaller company therefore can be very flexible.

sefton
    Free Member

no its obviously my fault but Jesus you’d think I could speak to someone who could sort this out? I thought it was a little inflexible.

bearing in mind I have recently spent around £1500 with them 🙄

foxyrider
    Free Member

@Sefton – why didn’t you just cancel the order and then put it through again with the voucher?

jools182
    Free Member

Wiggle customer service are amazing

I bought a saddlebag from them last year, first ride out the zip worked its way open and proceeded to scatter my tools all over the peak district

They sent me a new (more expensive) saddlebag and a £50 voucher for my tools that were lost

Top notch!

Jamie
    Free Member

bearing in mind I have recently spent around £1500 with them

You should have told them you’re a big wheel down at the cracker factory…..

the-muffin-man

You’ve never been able to phone Wiggle – its how they operate.

sefton
    Free Member

why should I have to piss around loads, its only a tenner but surely this amazing automated ordering system could have worked it out for me?

Anyhow that’s the story of the two company’s folks. 😐

Jamie
    Free Member

The thing is, to avoid loads of headaches down the line, the payment systems are pretty rigid in what you can do with them. Not to stick up for Wiggle, but you’re being a bit harsh on them, seeing as it was your error.

Anyway. Moving on.

sefton
    Free Member

I’ve not been harsh in anything I’ve said – It’s all the truth and my opinion they could be a little more flexible.

Jamie
    Free Member

You are right, harsh was too extreme. Maybe unfair is a better fit?

sefton
    Free Member

I work 5 days a week to buy mountain bike parts I don’t need, for what a rigid automated system that cannot deduct £10 off my order.

ENJOY MY TENNER MF’s!!!!!!!!!!

wwaswas

It may also be to avoid the staff being able to give ‘mates rates’ to, well, their mates by adding spurious discounts to orders manually.

campfreddie
    Free Member

I’ve had excellent service from Wiggle historically, so no need to criticise there, but I must give a big thumbs up to Merlin.

I bought my Turner Flux from them in an order and discussion process which stretched out over a good couple of weeks. I took their standard build option and completely pulled it apart, generating a totally custom spec with each component chosen and discussed (right down to evaluating nipple colour and material for the wheels, rotor sizes and spec, quick-release choices and pre-adjusting travel on the forks).

Depsite all the extra hassle and time spent, they delivered everything spot on and in terms of cost, they allowed me to calculate everything using their website with adjustments up and down based on their published spec.

I know this is perhaps to be expected, but I’ve rarely had such good attention and service from a LBS, so to have it from an internet retailer (okay, so they are a bike shop too), was a very pleasant surprise.

Based upon my experiences to date, I would have no hesitation in going for a fully-custom build with them again.

Jamie
    Free Member

ENJOY MY TENNER MF’s!!!!!!!!!!

Now you’re being harsh 😉

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

If you send me a tenner, I’ll try to enjoy it. Better send 2 to be sure…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Person making mistake trys to blame someone else for their error.
    Would you expect to to this on E-bay, Amazon or the like?

Big-Pete
    Free Member

The only gripe with wiggle, from me is their horribly slow web site, I often give up and buy else where

mortuk2k
    Free Member

Wiggle is my least favoured of all the places I use. I just think they’re delivery is too slow. If I order various items from various places (as recently) Wiggle is always last to arrive. Just slow dispatch, everyone else it’s in the post within hours of ordering.
    Recently ordered a few things from Merlin, extremely good.

m1kea
    Free Member

Have had very good service from Merlin (right back to 1997) and generally haven’t had an issue with Wiggle over the past few years.

However I ordered some go faster powders and gels and bits last week. Box arrived after 3 days all battered up with leaking gels and a broken seal on one of the tubs. – I’ve never encountered that before.

Had a very prompt reply to my initial email but things got a little tedious when it came to organise a pickup and replacement of the order. I needed to chase and badger and whilst I got the obligatory ‘sorry for the inconvenience’ replies they weren’t overly proactive plus I felt I’d been penalised for their initial crappy packing and Shitylink being their usual useless selves.

dingabell
    Free Member

+1 for Merlin. Not had a problem with Wiggle but every now and then Merlin do some killer deals on stuff. Especially like their VIP Club. Costs you nothing to sign up and saves you 10 percent. Can’t be bad.

cheburashka
    Free Member

+1 for Merlin. There’s a new railway station just opened 100yds from their front door this week too.

Never really had any problems with Wiggle orders, but had a bit of a ‘computer says no’ moment when asking if they can get some small spares parts recently.

GJP
    Free Member

Never had any problems with Wiggle when things go wrong and IT IS THEIR FAULT!!! If you want a retailer to give you a BJ shop at Harrods 🙄

dingabell
    Free Member

Probably couldn’t afford a Harrods BJ. Do they do them in Poundland?

RealMan
    Free Member

Wiggle gave me £50 of vouchers because a bike they sold me had a small chip on the top tube. The bike was already discounted from £800 to £350. I’m happy.

mooman
    Free Member

Always found Wiggle to be very good with customer service.
    That said – only problems I have experienced on the whole bike shop theme is LBS ‘s and online .. Evans Cycles

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘big up to Merlin – poo poo Wiggle’ is closed to new replies.