Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Big Day out at North Wales Trail centre, which trail?
  • kimbers

Penmachno or the Beast at CYB?

Llandegla with extras?

Ill be overbiked on my Enduro gnarpoon fwiw

vmgscot

CyB would be my choice.. and will be in October for our annual trip down to Wales (as a change to riding here in Scotland).

mattkkitch

For a big day out you could combine Penmachno and Gwydir Mawr (Marin). You can link them or shuttle in between, and can do all of both or highlights of both.

chevychase

Beast.

Llandegla’s OK, but like a motorway.  Handy if you’ve not got much time before getting back out into civilisation but not a destination in itself IMO.

Penmachno and Marin are both great in their own right and will be quieter.

But Beast.

kimbers

Oohh Marin Penmachno, link up might be good

Anyone have a gpx?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Big Day out at North Wales Trail centre, which trail?

Surely by definition it would need to be a few of them….

Though if you’re on a big bike then that might not appeal so much.

Marin, penmachno and something at Cyb is eminently doable in a day if you’re having problems deciding. Likewise you could do all the trail at cyb in a big day.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Ill be overbiked on my Enduro gnarpoon fwiw

Then howsbout red bull ( the lovely new slabby bits would be nice on a gnarrpoon) then the beast without the pointlessfireroadofpointlrssness

steveh

Yup as above CYB but don’t do full beast, a quick map check shows a shortcut that misses only fireroad (including dowhill) and nothing fun. Use the extra to do something the other side of the road.

mrhoppy

With the weather like it’s been you won’t get a better time to do mega-degla. However I think the centre were getting a bit pissy about people doing that.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Tell us more. What’smega degla? And why don’t they like it?

Or you could do the Llandegla Bruise… black and blue followed by red and green

mrhoppy

From the centre up to the masts down to world’s end singletrack, over the road and round to the Offa’s dyke path under the cliffs, round to the quarry (optional grub in the pub), up and over the Moors back to world’s end, sleepers back to rejoin the centre trails then finish the black.  It’s a big day out with some awesome natural trails but there is some pressure not to ride the masts at the moment.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mix match and reloop CYB to do the fun stuff a couple of times, think you can plot a fun way around to do a few bits twice

JohnnyPanic

“but there is some pressure not to ride the masts at the moment”

Pressure how?

Signs?

Someone standing there with a STOP sign?

tillydog
    Free Member

From the centre up to the masts down to world’s end singletrack, over the road and round to the Offa’s dyke path under the cliffs, round to the quarry (optional grub in the pub), up and over the Moors back to world’s end, sleepers back to rejoin the centre trails then finish the black.

Please don’t do that at the moment. There have been a lot of fires on the moors, and while they may now be extinguished, there is a lot of damage.

“North Wales Mountain Bike Association
    1 August at 21:02
    Your help and support needed. Horseshoe Pass update. The moorland is still smouldering and there remains lots of deep ash. In order to return the area to some sense of normality the re-opeing of the main road is planned. However the moorland is unsafe with very hot ground and deep burn and there have been incidents of both walkers and mountain bikers being found crossing the burn area whilst the fireman are working to control it. In order to address these safety concerns can users for a few days keep of the mountain whilst the fire area is made safe.

Can everyone please try to support our emergency services by not going onto the mountain for any reason even a short distance until the area is declared safe. Tell your mates to please.<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>”</span>

(Also: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-43628019 )

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

C-y-b all the way 😉

Tiger6791

I’ll be smashing the Beast @ C-y-B this morning and then back for a coffee at the cafe and out again to do Tarw Du across the road 👍

kimbers

Megadegla sounds great as it’s only an hour from my in-laws, shame about the restricted access.

I think beast (with shortcut) then other stuff (I’ve not ridden cyb in about 10 years so it’d be great .

(It was also the site of my first proper MTB ride in about 93, when it was just a hire bike shack & a fire road trail that would later become the redbull- I crashed so many times )

Cheers all

kimbers

Bearing in mind there’s a deluge due tomorrow, would megadegla be an option on Monday ?

Or will the rain turn it from bbq to bog ?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I’ll be smashing the Beast @ C-y-B this morning

What’s the definition of smashing the beast?  sub 3 hours, sub 2:30; getting fat air off all the jumps; cleaning the first uphill singletrack?

Sound much more fun than just riding it.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Big Day out at North Wales Trail centre, which trail?’ is closed to new replies.