Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Biden bike gift to Johnson
  • kelvin

Have we done this yet? Ignoring the flag stuff, it’s a lovely (expensive) day to day mostly USA made bike… they look to genuinely have build it for the needs of the owner, while showcasing the USA bike industry.

https://bikerumor.com/2021/06/11/bilenky-cycle-works-builds-a-custom-bike-for-british-prime-minister-gifted-by-president-biden/

kelvin

It’s a bike.

twistedpencil

Vee brakes? I’m not sure it has been built with Boris in mind, have they not considered the heft, sorry,.momentum he’d gain if he went down a slight incline?  230mm rotors needed 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

$1500? Something tells me they under declared that.
    Is that what you mean by built it for the needs of the owner?

sorry,.momentum he’d gain

Not without a very very sharp left turn he won’t

thegreatape
    Free Member

Not without a very very sharp left turn he won’t

Very good

joshvegas
    Free Member

$1500? Something tells me they under declared that.

I had a set of WI One cranks on a secondhand bike. They were in okay condition but defo used.

Ebay got me £200 quid for them so I would agree.

nickjb
    Free Member

I thought they said 5k on the Last Leg. Maybe 1500 is for the frame

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Love the third comment on that web article.

ratherbeintobago

I read somewhere else that Bilenky did it well below cost.

fingerbang
    Free Member

That’s a lovely gift but I suspect a Trojan horse of some kind, perhaps listening devices housed in the head tube

Which would be a security concern but for the fact that fat boy will just dump it in one of Stanley’s outbuildings on his vast estate, or sell it on eBay to help make this month’s maintenance payments

Edit: and top marks for the momentum joke. Nice

Kuco

Brooks saddle would have been more appropriate than the Selle I’d have thought.

kelvin

Brooks and Selle Italia … same company, same factories, aren’t they? Nothing USA about either.

EDIT: that‘s a Selle Anatomica saddle on the bike… so USA made and entirely in keeping with the theme of the bike.

timbog160

Not my cup of tea, but looks nicely made. GX AXS mech and shifter is a nice touch.

dannyh
    Free Member

Wait until fatboy needs to source some spares. Mind you, he’ll probably get his smuggled flown legitimately into Biggin Hill by one of his Russian mates. One rule for them…

Harry_the_Spider

Looks alright apart from the useless blob of grease between the saddle and the bars.

DezB
    Free Member

Thought it said Bellend behind the bike in that pic.

BigJohn

Trojan dandy horse.

belgianwaffle1

I hope boris remembers to charge his drivetrain!

jrawarren

I hope he thinks to swap the brake levers over from the US standard, otherwise a swift exit OTB is on the cards. Which would be unfortunate.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Biden bike gift to Johnson’ is closed to new replies.