Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • BICYCLES R US LTD – Any experience?
  • Frankers
    Free Member

A colleague is looking to order some bikes for his kids and found some good deals on the site below. Has anyone got any experience of ordering from this company? Address is showing a residential street in Oadby, Leicester.

Thanks

https://bicyclesrusstore.com/stores

hols2
    Free Member

Looks like a scam site to me.

frankconway

Incorporated at companies house on july 14th this year; one director – a teacher.
    Another company registered to the same address – Luvmybike – was incorporated in mid-august this year.
    Checking a few of the prices (quoted in Eur) against typical UK selling prices prices, they are massively discounted by upto 70%.
    Website shows a sister company in Spain.
    I would avoid.

alanl
    Free Member

With a website like that, and you still have to ask if it’s a legit Seller?

jonnyboi

Looks very scammy. Try sticking a bike in the checkout and seeing what the payment options. I bet it’s bank transfer or similar, something where you have no comeback

cookeaa

Says they have a store n Oadby… Anyone swung by to take a look?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

The web site registered address comes back to Leicester rather than china like you might expect!

In their T’s&C’s it says payment by bank transfer only but they expect to have PayPal soon.

I’m undecided about this one to be honest.

hols2
    Free Member

Says they have a store n Oadby… Anyone swung by to take a look?

You can check out the address in Street View on Google Maps. It’s a residential address, not a bike shop with a huge warehouse full of stock.

w00dster

Payment by wire only. Seen quite a few of these pop up over the years. Keep away.

w00dster

And just looked on google maps, it’s very close to Shady Lane, defo give it a miss!

oldtennisshoes

It’s peculiar to so openly provide the address if it’s a scam site.

matt_outandabout

I’m undecided about this one to be honest.

Really?

That is a dodgy as it gets, you need to work on your Spidey sense.

w00dster

How many Giant and Trek dealers would be payment by Wire Transfer only? Trek used to be fairly strict on who sold their products. Not sure they would allow them to be sold from someone’s house at bugger discounts than their main retailers.
    I very much doubt the person at the address has any idea what the address is being used for.

slackboy

No, just no.

plus-one

Scammier than a scammy thing from scamsville !!

Trimix
    Free Member

Of course its a Scam, the ‘R’ should be backwards 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘BICYCLES R US LTD – Any experience?’ is closed to new replies.