Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Bibshorts, what brand?
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Most ridden is a pair of Endura MT500 bibs – had them 5 wears, worn weekly and still as good as new.

5 wears? They must be good! 😉

Philby

Got dhb, Gore and Giordana bib shorts. dhb stitching is coming undone and pad is a little thin. Would recommend both Gore (done several 100 milers in them) and the Giordana (more road bike orientated).

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Anyone know if the Howies ones are UK made, or shipped in from the far east?

Believe they’re shipped in, but it may be from mainland Europe.

Edit: Portugal on their website.

DanW
    Free Member

Exteondo ones from Merlin

Most recent shorts I’ve bought. Very impressed with the pad and overall fit and feel.

Would recommend both Gore (done several 100 milers in them) and the Giordana (more road bike orientated).

My 3/4’s are Giordana FRC and they are blooming lovely. So comfy and a nice compressive fit. Shame no-one seems to have much stock of Giordana lately

Having had Assos for a while and despite them being nice not being entirely convinced they were worth the money, I would really recommend Giordana FRC and Exteondo Ohri

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I agree, 10/10 from me

ir_bandito – Member

Howies.

Thread closed.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Damn looks like the Howies bibs are out of stock everywhere! 🙄

househusband

The Howies shorts are good – but I found that they had their limit for comfort and distance. I suspect that they may have been a tad too small/short for me and I sold them a couple of weeks ago.

I was recommended the Endura FS260-Pro Bibshort II and have been very impressed; seems they’ve worked on their quality control – I was dubious as I’ve had ‘experience’ of Endura over the years..!

However I bought some Castelli Free Aero bibshorts a few months ago; they were seriously reduced as they were ‘Tour of Dubai’ bibs. I simply cannot describe just how comfortable they are; I could only say it’s like being unaware you are actually wearing them if that makes sense! Screw the naysayers/rules about not wearing pro kit – I’ll happily do so if it makes it the same price as ‘normal’ kit!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Bibshorts, what brand?’ is closed to new replies.