Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 244 total)
  • Better Call Saul
  • Houns

All throughout we’ve seen him hiding his emotions quite well

tenfoot

Lalo isn’t in BB (IIRC) so maybe Kim puts him down and goes into hiding.

Klunk
    Free Member

Hank will make an appearance and take down Lalo, add to his set of Salamanca nutjob take downs.

supernova

Just like Walter White was breaking bad to support his family, maybe Saul will be doing all that stuff in BB so he can get back to Kim?

Pook

Ooh Kim to live in Omaha too. Last scene is a black and white one of her welcoming him home.

supernova

That’s where my money is.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

They do like neatly wrapped up character arcs and it would explain why they’ve included the post-BB black and white scenes.

Although they also like to be fairly dark and follow the “actions have consequences” theme.

plus-one

Love the slow build 👌🏻

Houns

Well that was a better episode

revs1972
    Free Member

Well that was a better episode

Wasn’t expecting that ending !!

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh Kim 🤦‍♂️

Klunk
    Free Member

H

Houns

Silencing the explosion (from Twitter)

RustyNissanPrairie

Blimey! Wasn’t expecting that!

supernova

My guess is Kim somehow kills the gangster so has to go into hiding.

Pook

Absolutely magnificent.

Arguably, Howard did nothing wrong in the whole series.

Real marked moment for Kim and now they both have to go to ground because of the suspicion Howard raised with cliff about Kim and Saul.

Brilliant

Merak

Or front it out.

thols2

Well, I guess Howard got pranked pretty good there. Reminds me of Christopher Walken on SNL.

revs1972
    Free Member

Ooh it’s back.

pk13

Ohhh when?

thols2

Well, I didn’t expect that.

revs1972
    Free Member

I worked it out after watching the PTS.
    New Mike had to be involved in that 😉

Pook

Brilliant

martinhutch

Oof. Quite the episode.

Cougar

Damn. I’ve just caught up with what I think was the mid-season break, so if it’s just restarted I have one in hand. I think.

The last ep I watched was the

Spoiler:
    showdown between Lalo and Gus

is that where we’re all at bar one new episode?

thols2

is that where we’re all at bar one new episode?

No, that was the new episode. Five more to come.

thols2

I’m a bit ambivalent about this. Yes, I understand it’s a tribute to a fictional show not to murderous drug dealers, but a lot of fans hated on Anna Gunn because they thought Walt was a hero and Skylar was a naggy killjoy, total misunderstanding the point of the show.

desperatebicycle

I’m a bit ambivalent apathetic about this

… cos I ain’t ever gonna find myself in Albuquerque (tough to spell that, too)

pk13

I can see mike losing his sh*t at some point.

BoardinBob

Well. That was great.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m a bit ambivalent about this. Yes, I understand it’s a tribute to a fictional show not to murderous drug dealers, but a lot of fans hated on Anna Gunn because they thought Walt was a hero and Skylar was a naggy killjoy, total misunderstanding the point of the show.

Nah, the real reason this is problematic is that the statue should be of Jimmy.

Or maybe Mike.

Houns

Was that Kim on the speakerphone at the end?

thols2

Well, that episode (probably) eliminated by theory about how the finale would play out.

Spoiler:
    Kim was actually the brains behind the whole legal side of Fring’s operation and Saul was just a front to hide who was really handling the money. Jimmy’s Cinnabon thing was just another money laundering front and he was still living with Kim who had evolved into a supervillain money launderer.

That never really made sense anyway so now I’m looking to Jimmy actually suffering remorse and turning himself in at the end of the finale.

ta11pau1

Was that Kim on the speakerphone at the end?

It was the receptionist, he was asking her to send through the first client.

I don’t think we’ll see Kim again, there’s a pretty big time jump that’s happened, we’re now in the breaking bad timeline.

funkmasterp

I think the last episode illustrates that Kim leaving is the final step in Jimmy completely becoming Saul.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I reckon Vince Gilligan wrote that episode to make the audience think Kim has gotten out.

Cougar

I don’t think we’ll see Kim again, there’s a pretty big time jump that’s happened, we’re now in the breaking bad timeline.

You say that but,

The timeline jumps all over the damn place. I expect that the next episode will start out as though that last scene never aired. It’s a seed.

I think the last episode illustrates that Kim leaving is the final step in Jimmy completely becoming Saul.

But there’s a gap, and a few more episodes to go.

I think the entire point of this show is bugger all to do with the titular character, rather it’s documenting Kim’s fall from grace (mirroring BB). The “final step” for Jimmy given that Kim isn’t in Breaking Bad surely has to be her death.

What I’m not quite sure of is where the Gene (Cinnabon) arc fits in.

Klunk
    Free Member
    Pook

Kim has to die. She knows too much.

Stunning episode incidentally. The scene in which Mike talked to Nacho’s dad was incredibly framed. At one point the screen was vertically split with mike behind a chain link fence while Nacho’s dad was in the open. A great illustration of freedom v. (effective) imprisonment to the life they’d both chosen.

thols2

have you seen the cast list for the next episode

Yes, Mark Proksch is in it.

Or did you mean someone else?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 244 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.