Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 244 total)
  • Better Call Saul
  • Houns

Probably meant Jesse and Walter ;0)

funkmasterp

Reading the description I’d guess Jesse and Walt too. I think the writers have played it well and we simply won’t see Kim again.

Merak

Nice to see Rhea Seehorn finally getting some acknowledgement for her performance. Nominated for an Emmy at last.

I thought Howard was a stand out too.

Cougar

Honestly, the entire thing – BCS and BB – has been a masterclass in casting and cinematography from the outset. I’d love to have been a fly of the wall when they were looking for an actor for the lead in BB and someone said “hey, I know, how about the dad from Malcolm in the Middle?”

Klunk
    Free Member

this is what did it….

RustyNissanPrairie

cough*
    have you seen the cast list for the next episode
    *cough*

Ooooh that’s interesting! But I guess we are ‘upto date now’ and into the world of BB. I think the last few episodes will be post BB / Cinabon / Sauls downfall and possible reunion with Kim.

Rhea (and Bob’s) acting in this last episode was great – their internal pain/trauma but having to go about their normal business was conveyed so well. And Kim with Howards wife!!!!!

BoardinBob

What I’m not quite sure of is where the Gene (Cinnabon) arc fits in.

It’s clearly beyond the end of BB. Remember the scene in the mall where someone recognises him as Saul which he denies and the guy cajoles him into saying “Better Call Saul”. Coupled with the scenes from this series of the authorities searching his mansion, it’s pretty obvious the Gene timeline is him on the run

martinhutch

There’s a cast reunion vid on YouTube where vince gilligan talks about Bryan cranstons casting. He’d worked with him on x files in a walteresque role.

Klunk
    Free Member

that was a bit of a curve ball 😀 bunch of teasers!

Houns

Bit of a waste of an episode with so much to tie up in the remaining few?

mrchrist

Yep

Merak

Agreed

somafunk

What is point?

mahalo

Easily my favourite episode of the season so far!

thols2

I think the point there is that he will always be Slippin Jimmy, he can’t change. After Howard’s death, Kim realized she needed to get out, but Jimmy is just a con-man at heart. The Mr. Cinnabon stuff at the start made it look like he’d learned his lesson and was staying under the radar but now he’s back in the game.

ta11pau1

Brilliant episode, and yeah there’s even a mention of ‘best case, I’m managing a cinnebun in Omaha’ in breaking bad, while he’s waiting to get relocated with walt..

Gene is after Saul disappears thanks to the hoover guy.

Oh and the point of the episode? You can take the Slippin’ Jimmy out of Albuquerque, but…

thols2

Also, his fondness for loud patterned shirts might be his undoing.

kerley
    Free Member

I think the point there is that he will always be Slippin Jimmy, he can’t change.

Yep, didn’t need a whole (and agreed wasted) episode to get that point across though as think it was pretty obvious he will never change. Can’t like all episodes of a series though…

desperatebicycle

I just got bored and skipped over that B&W episode. Seen so much of that convoluted scheming bollocks throughout the series, just couldn’t be arsed with it. Don’t find Bob O particularly watchable to carry a whole episode on his own tbh.

Pook

I liked it. Couldn’t see past fully leafed trees in the ‘snow’ though.

I’m also thinking that b&w signifies he’s dead.

Dolcered

I liked it too, I do find it hard to fault BCS.

New season of Westworld however, what on earth is going on there.

thols2

New season of Westworld however, what on earth is going on there.

I think Jonathon Nolan thought it would be amusing if he just played scenes in a random order to confuse the audience.

Houns

Not saying I didn’t like the actual episode, just don’t think it needed to be a whole episode this late in the series

chakaping
    Free Member

Loved it, one of the best episodes of the series and a welcome change of pace.

Great to see Carol Burnett and Gerry from Parks & Rec.

The heist montage with the lounge music score was amazing.

martinhutch

Might have worked better if we hadn’t also just had the time-jump in the main storyline. Place it a bit earlier in the series, it’s a nice change of pace, but maybe not just after you’ve brought us to Saul in his final form at the point it merges with Breaking Bad?

It’s like they realised they hadn’t done enough to flesh out Cinnabon-era Jimmy before they finish that side of things.

Cougar

I’ve just realised, it feels structured like a novel. It’s all a massive build-up then you turn a page and it suddenly goes “Chapter 10,” flipping back to a thread you were reading about four chapters back.

sirromj

I hadn’t remembered the two guys were threatening to out Saul’s identity so interpreted the episode quite differently. Made so much more sense when colleague mentioned that!

ta11pau1

Yeah although they had to recast the main guy (there one who did the running about in the store) due to prior commitments.

wordnumb
    Free Member

My gripe with the episode would be the whole standing in a public place yelling your illegal plans into a megaphone thing. Otherwise an excellent way to derail peoples’ expectations.

Cougar

I hadn’t remembered the two guys were threatening to out Saul’s identity so interpreted the episode quite differently. Made so much more sense when colleague mentioned that!

Yeah although they had to recast the main guy (there one who did the running about in the store) due to prior commitments.

Oh! With the actor switch I hadn’t realised that that was supposed to be the same guy. I thought the hook was just the (non-greedy) security guard and that didn’t make a vast amount of sense.

ta11pau1

https://decider.com/2022/07/27/cab-driver-jeff-better-call-saul-recast-don-harvey-pat-healy/

Tbh it took me a little while to remember, the scene where he gets recognised was a couple of seasons ago!

Cougar

the scene where he gets recognised was a couple of seasons ago!

There was a flashback to it a couple of episodes back. Which if anything, made it more confusing because of the different actor!

Ack, of course. That’s the link, Jimmy calls up Hoover man and then changes his mind, “don’t worry, I’ll deal with it myself.” This is the payoff from that.

chakaping
    Free Member

My gripe with the episode would be the whole standing in a public place yelling your illegal plans into a megaphone thing. Otherwise an excellent way to derail peoples’ expectations.

Yeah the actual heist was a bit contrived and Jimmy playing the long game by befriending Carol Burnett was typical BB/BCS fare, but those are minor quibbles.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I think they should have possibly refilmed the old scene with the new actor and stuck it in an earlier episode or linked it in somehow. Like they did with Back To The Future. I had to pause it to explain what the hell was going on to my OH.

Klunk
    Free Member

Kevin Sussman!

Pook

I hope that was a teeing up episode

thols2

I hope that was a teeing up episode

Yeah, I didn’t mind last week’s episode but I think they could have edited the two episodes down to one. Obviously, the attempt to call Kim did not turn out as Saul hoped. Wish they’d just let us know what the deal there was instead of setting up mysteries.

RustyNissanPrairie

At least Kim is okay/alive 👍

beej

After last night I’m not really sure what’s left to tie up. Just the Gene timeline?

A guess: He discovers the last drugging victim in a poor way, tries to revive him, calls for help, gets discovered and arrested, publicity from that is noticed by Kim (as it’s tied into the Heisenberg bust which would have been big news), Kim visits him in prison… The End.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 244 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.