Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 244 total)
  • Better Call Saul
  • Klunk
    Free Member

Final Season

pk13

Ohh is it back on ive been waiting.

binners

Brill! It really is top notch telly. When they announced the first series my expectations were pretty low, but its turned out to be brilliantly done

fossy

Final season, ohh noooo

timmys

“This concluding season will be split it two parts with the first seven episodes coming to Netflix 19th April, followed by the last six episodes on July 12, 2022. The apparent reason for the split is to nominate each half of the season for different Emmy Awards seasons, as the first half would be eligible for the 74th Primetime Emmy Awards in 2022, while eligibility for the next year’s ceremony begins in June.

That definitely sounds like something Jimmy would approve of!”

dander

Yes!

Very nearly didn’t happen as Bob Odenkirk had a close run in with the grim reaper.

scuttler

Slippin’

Drac

Ace!

Superficial
    Free Member

Yessss. S’all good, man.

beamers

That trailer looks fantastic.

Davesport

After the excellence of Breaking Bad I struggled to get into BCS. Is it worth persisting with?

flannol
    Free Member

After the excellence of Breaking Bad I struggled to get into BCS. Is it worth persisting with?

Deffo
    All the seasons are a slow lead-up to Season 5. Which was literally breaking bad. Just earlier days. Left on an unbelievable cliffhanger.

Season 4 was also pretty good – a lot of main characters by then.

johnx2
    Free Member

Yes.

There’s a couple of slow seasons but it gathers pace, as a good and well meaning guy just trying to do his best sells his soul becoming a moral blank space and spirals into crime, very entertainingly. In fact I think they ripped off that series, what was it? Breaking Bad. That was it.

scuttler

With cinematography and characters this good I could handle the slow stuff. But yeah as a roller coaster we’re definitely in the high-speed upside-down section.

dc1988

I really enjoy it, a bit slower than breaking bad but definitely not worse. I think I’ll have to start from the beginning again as it’s been a while so I’ve forgotten a lot

Cougar

Excellent. Cheers for the heads-up.

jimmy

I think I’ll have to start from the beginning again as it’s been a while so I’ve forgotten a lot

Same here. At least the last few of Series 5.

P-Jay
    Free Member

a bit slower than breaking bad

To say the least.

I love the series, as frustrating as it is some times. I’ve gotten over the fact I really wanted a Saul Goodman comedy series, but it does look as if the last series will be as much about flash-forward Saul’s redemption than ‘young’ Saul catching up to the start of Breaking Bad.

joefm

I think it’s now better than Breaking Bad. Everyone has got more experienced and it shows.
    Can’t wait. Although not wanting it to end.

mahalo

What do we make of the theory that meth head Wendy in BB is actually a degenerate Kim Wexler!? 😀

thols2

It’s a different show. I prefer BB, but BCS is a good show in its own right. It’s not a requirement to like both.

fasthaggis

Excellent.Thanks for posting.
    #prayforKim

I think it’s now better than Breaking Bad.

I think it’s better because of BB.

I love the way that you can get ambushed with some new piece of back story detail about an old character.It then ends up (for me) adding more weight to some of the original Breaking Bad scenes.

RustyNissanPrairie

Kim Wexler. End of discussion.

tenfoot

Fantastic. The last season was shown weekly at the same time as the first lockdown. It was the genuine highlight of a depressing time.

thols2

null

scuttler

Kim – great character, awesome actor, all-round appeal, absent from BB – #prayforKim +1

BoardinBob

Kim – great character, awesome actor, all-round appeal, absent from BB – #prayforKim +1

I doubt anything bad happens to her, in at least a physical sense. The Saul in BB would have been very different if she’d been murderered.

My guess, and this is something folk often forget, is as well as telling his historic story, there’s that current world element where he’s on the run and is working at the Cinabon place. My hunch is he seeks out Kim in the current day to try and resolve his post Walt situation

BoardinBob

Kim Wexler. End of discussion.

+ Mike.

scuttler

Yeah the Cinnabon thing will get an explanation although it’s evident it’s a post-BB hiding place

Cougar

Mike Ermentrout (sp?) is surely one of TV’s greatest characters.

lowey

Brilliant. I did wonder if they would be able to finish filming after his health scare.

I rate it much better than BB. Superb TV.

Houns

Is it all too much to cram into one final season?

scuttler

Last season is in two parts (13 episodes).

Mike in Beverley Hills Cop (goon #1) – NSFW, NSFK, shooty

mahalo

What do we make of the theory that meth head Wendy in BB is actually a degenerate Kim Wexler!? 😀

suit yourselves

thols2

Mike Ermentrout (sp?) is surely one of TV’s greatest characters.

Jesse Pinkman too. He was originally written just for S1, not meant to be a major character, with Tuco Salomanca intended to be WW’s partner. The actor who played Tuco got a better gig so they killed him off. Pinkman was such a hit they rethought it and made him WW’s partner.

ThePilot
    Free Member

I don’t actually watch much TV these days. I mean I have the TV on but I don’t really concentrate on much and often do other stuff at the same time. I kind of thought I might be over BCS even though I loved it and rate it higher than BB which I also loved. I struggled with series 5 too which I think wasn’t written by the original guy (might be wrong). That trailer has reignited my enthusiasm for it though! Can’t wait. Might watch 5 again in preparation.
    I think I’ll find it sad though. Jimmy deserved so much more than he got.

tartanscarf

Brilliant series, a real grower and worth sticking with. Just gets better and better.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I fancy a spin off that follows Kim’s story.

Davesport

Deffo
    All the seasons are a slow lead-up to Season 5. Which was literally breaking bad. Just earlier days. Left on an unbelievable cliffhanger.

Season 4 was also pretty good – a lot of main characters by then.

In that case I’ll get back on it! :o) Thank you.

Cougar

Episode one is tonight apparently.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 244 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.