Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • best wishes to johnclimber
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Nice shorts !

Bernaard
    Free Member

I think every time I have ridden with John he has come off.

Last time it was on the Long Mynd and he ended up in A&E then.

He was on his clown bike though.

All the best mate.

Marmoset
    Free Member

They weren’t that colour wwhen I bought them – I think I stopped wearing them after that photo!

BTW – I’m only 4’10”, so John really is small 😉

Get well soon John

He wasn’t on his scaffolding bike at the time, was he?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Many thanks for all your kind thoughts and wishes.

I’ll post up more later but I need to rest after spending 3 nights and the New Year in Wrexham hospital. With a 5 to 10 minute concusion, 3 broken ribs and the risk of fluid on the lungs, as well as many bruises.

Bernaard – This was only my 2nd crash that saw me in hospital in over 15 years of riding and Long Mynd was only a cut 😉

matt_outandabout

Glad you are on the mend – was a pleasant pootle int’ Peak a couple of years back….

MrOvershoot

matt_outandabout – Member

Glad you are on the mend – was a pleasant pootle int’ Peak a couple of years back….
    Actually I think the first time you met him was Stanage Causeway in freezing temps & you were not a happy bunny due to the trains being off!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’ve just found out that I was out cold for up to 30 mins as all I remember is seeing were my feet bounce off the pedals (first time on flats) then I saw as I looked up were two or 3 paramedics looking over me then a caring club member fighting for the best position to get the best photo angle (below), then I was straight in the ambulance and away.

Many thanks to all those who helped me out especially Tom who stayed with me until the ambulance came and I didn’t even say thank you to him at the time, and Johnny P and Eric for sorting out the return home of my bike and car
    And to the paramedics and all those at Wrexham Hospital for making the New Year one not to forget

Curly68
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about your crash John. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Get well soon Jon.

bakey

Get well soon fella.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Healing wishes sent from the Valley

There’s no way I am trying flatties now!!!

Harry_the_Spider

Sort yourself out quickly fella. I’ve got a high-vis vest with your name on it* at HtN.

*If your name is Marshal.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    Sort yourself out quickly fella. I’ve got a high-vis vest with your name on it* at HtN.

*If your name is Marshal.

If you change it to JohnClimber count me in for a refund (spare ticket) and I’ll come over and help you out. If not I might just ride/push it

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

a caring club member fighting for the best position to get the best photo angle

One for the album! Glad you’re ok(ish!)

Harry_the_Spider

Ride it! Something to aim for.

saltyman
    Free Member

get well soon bud 😉

uponthedowns
    Free Member

All the best for a quick recovery. From personal experience of bust ribs and shady patches on the lungs x-ray make sure you keep taking 10 deep breaths every hour no matter how painful it is to keep your lungs oxygenated to prevent infections/pneumonia.

Moomin
    Free Member

John, you forgot the one of you wearing a dress 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Careful with broken ribs. As sore as it’ll be to breath deeply you need to do it now and again or you’re open to all sorts of chest trouble.

Artillerydave
    Free Member

Just another example of why John is such a “clown” rides clown bikes and does circus tricks on them. John the committee has noted your efforts for SOTY* 2011 you are in pole position!

(SOTY club award and trophy for best injury in the Stack Of The Year)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Thanks for all your concerns and pi$$ taking

I slept so much better in my own bed last night, in fact I’m still in it now while typing this.

The aches and pains are still here in a big way, the swelling on my left hip is still massive, but I don’t need to take the pain killing tablets every 4 hours I can now stretch them to every 6 hours.

I need to phone the boss this afternoon to ask for the rest of this week off, wish me luck.

MrOvershoot

John I don’t think you need to ask, your in no state to drive (and would probably be doing so without insurance) Go see your GP or get him to come and see you for a (not)Fit for work note

smudge
    Free Member

Get well soon John 8)

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘best wishes to johnclimber’ is closed to new replies.