Best way from Gatwick to Bristol on the train?

Home Forum Chat Forum Best way from Gatwick to Bristol on the train?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best way from Gatwick to Bristol on the train?
  • Premier Icon ransos
    Subscriber

Check for engineering works – I had to go via Banbury to get from London to Bristol a couple of weeks back.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

Gatwick via Guildford to Reading and change there?

b r

Fly into Bristol Airport 🙂

Kitz_Chris

Into London and out via Paddington, or through Clapham Junction to Reading and change there?

SammyC

Are you flying into Gatwick? I’ve just done the reverse and used the National Express Flights coach. Took 3h15 and was fairly painless. Cost £19 including booking fee.

Premier Icon tonyg2003
    Subscriber

Gatwick to Reading is fairly slow train. Nice place to sit though and watch the countryside if you aren’t in a hurry. Then Reading Bristol. It also saves you lugging your luggage across London if you go Gatwick Express.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Depends on luggage and time of day I suppose. If you have loads of bags don’t go through London. Likewise if you are just getting off a 9 hour flight at 6am you probably won’t want to deal with it. You can get a nice breakfast in London though and some good coffee.

If otoh you fancy a wander around on a nice Sunday morning London can be a fun way to stretch your legs and break a journey.

Kitz_Chris

b r – Member
    Fly into Bristol Airport

Would love to be flying into Bristol. Great little airport, but limited options meant I had to go for Gatwick.

I decided to go for the through London route – I’ll update you all later if I make it to Devon safely!

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

Bonus of paying more to go thru London is without a seat booking on the IC, you actually stand a chance of getting a seat when you get on. Hate to think how many times I had to stand from Reading to Swindon (even Paddy-Swindon once or twice). What makes Swindon so popular?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best way from Gatwick to Bristol on the train?’ is closed to new replies.