Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best way from Gatwick to Bristol on the train?
  • Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Into London and out via Paddington, or through Clapham Junction to Reading and change there?

ransos
    Free Member

Check for engineering works – I had to go via Banbury to get from London to Bristol a couple of weeks back.

andytherocketeer

Gatwick via Guildford to Reading and change there?

br
    Free Member

Fly into Bristol Airport 🙂

SammyC
    Free Member

Are you flying into Gatwick? I’ve just done the reverse and used the National Express Flights coach. Took 3h15 and was fairly painless. Cost £19 including booking fee.

tonyg2003

Gatwick to Reading is fairly slow train. Nice place to sit though and watch the countryside if you aren’t in a hurry. Then Reading Bristol. It also saves you lugging your luggage across London if you go Gatwick Express.

molgrips
    Free Member

Depends on luggage and time of day I suppose. If you have loads of bags don’t go through London. Likewise if you are just getting off a 9 hour flight at 6am you probably won’t want to deal with it. You can get a nice breakfast in London though and some good coffee.

If otoh you fancy a wander around on a nice Sunday morning London can be a fun way to stretch your legs and break a journey.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

b r – Member
    Fly into Bristol Airport

Would love to be flying into Bristol. Great little airport, but limited options meant I had to go for Gatwick.

I decided to go for the through London route – I’ll update you all later if I make it to Devon safely!

andytherocketeer

Bonus of paying more to go thru London is without a seat booking on the IC, you actually stand a chance of getting a seat when you get on. Hate to think how many times I had to stand from Reading to Swindon (even Paddy-Swindon once or twice). What makes Swindon so popular?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best way from Gatwick to Bristol on the train?’ is closed to new replies.