Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Best warranty/service.
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

What manufacturers seem to go the extra mile for their customers? There has been a flurry of warranty this and that’s recently and I was wondering (because, one of the poor brands in question was a consideration) who do you spend your money on because of the back up?

bencooper
    Free Member

Not bike-related, but Leatherman. When the say Lifetime Warranty, they mean it – I’ve had several brand new tools after breaking them doing something stupid.

spacemonkey

Spesh have been very good to me.

Fisher Price too.

hora
    Free Member

You admit to doing something ‘stupid’ with their tool(s) and they have to replaced your error FOC?

Turner/Merlin were very good.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Trek have always delivered for me, two broken frames, two replacement ones built up in under a week each time.

Can’t ask for more than that.

jam-bo

Lifeproof. I damaged a seal on my iphone case cleaning it and they sent me a whole new case FOC.

hot_fiat

Oakley, particularly in the US. Took some ancient XXs and flack jackets to the factory when I was last there & they refurbished them (as in new nose rubbers, ear socks and arms) FOC, they then gave me a voucher for 50% off anything in the store as they didn’t have any new lenses for the XXs.

MSP

A lot of the complaints about warranty seem to be made by complete gobshites, you can usually tell by their first post, the way the will have “demanded” to be compensated by the attendance of nubile virgins for their creaky bottom bracket, and subsequently treated with the derision they deserve by the companies concerned.

I also have to say I have never experienced any of the amazing customer service others seem to eulogise about either. I guess I don’t make stupid demands that annoy the people who I need the help of, while not having the gift of the gab to get them to go the extra mile.

In short, I think the warranty/support you get can depend as much on the customer as the company.

bencooper
    Free Member

You admit to doing something ‘stupid’ with their tool(s) and they have to replaced your error FOC?

Yes. From memory, one was using a little Squirt to cut through wire that was probably too big for it, and the springback broke. the other was using the flatblade on a Charge Tti to undo a large screw in masonry, and it snapped.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Yeti, Gerber, Oakley, Hope. Some things you buy new to get the warranty and support.

Scamper
    Free Member

For me has to be Mojo. Twice I have admitted damaging a pair of forks and shock through my own stupidity not even while biking and twice fixed free of charge.

ska-49
    Free Member

Turner is very good, as is Leatherman.

Tracey

Specialized for me, even help salvage a fork problem which would have ruined the holiday whilst on an Alps trip

backinireland
    Free Member

Weber bbq

br
    Free Member

What manufacturers seem to go the extra mile for their customers? There has been a flurry of warranty this and that’s recently and I was wondering (because, one of the poor brands in question was a consideration) who do you spend your money on because of the back up?

You don’t hear about the ‘best’ companies…

amplebrew

I’ve had good experiences with Hope, Endura, USE and Rocky Mountain.

No personal experience of Specialized, but they looked after a friend of mine.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oakley, Giant, Specialized, Hope.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Apple, RaceFace, Hope..

Northwind

I’ve never had a warranty for my Hemlock- bought used and already out of the warranty period. And then frankly beaten with a big stick. But I’ve had fast replacement parts for free or discount. Phoned up and said “Hey, I used this 5 inch bike for a 6 hour long downhill race at fort william and now it’s ****ed” and they sent me the bits I needed for free. Excellent phone advice, and I’ve been able to ask “hey, can I drill a hole in this thing for a stealth seatpost” and had the dude that designed it answer.

So all in all I’ve had better support from Cotic’s no warranty than I expect to get from a bike that does have a warranty.

Not been overwhelmed with Hope tbh- I broke a pro 2 axle, because the pro 2 maxle conversion wasn’t really fit for purpose. Asked if I could get the bits to upgrade to the fit-for-purpose Evo model, they kindly offered to sell them to me at RRP and wouldn’t even discount for the value of the replacement axle. The replacement axle broke too, same deal. Only good thing I can say is that they sent me 2 replacement axles that time “for the next time it happens”. But they knew fine well that product was substandard before i bought it, and they knew fine well both times i broke it.

BillMC

endura

BillOddie

Oakley have sorted me out with new frames and little O bits.

Hope sorted some brakes/hubs for me.

Ground Effect sorted a bag for me with a busted zip.

Wiggle/Upgrade have sorted 2x dropper posts for me.

Has to be said I have never had a bad warranty experience. I think this might be due to me having worked in a customer care role so a) I know how to be nice and have realistic expectations. b) I don’t take the piss.

flybywire
    Free Member

Trek UK
    2 Pure – Nightrider lights

cb

Trek – new frame without fuss.
    Hope – always helpful
    Oakley, RIcher Sounds, Mission Speakers, Argos

tomd
    Free Member

Thermarest.

njee20
    Free Member

A lot of the same brands coming up time and time again, which is nice.

Oakley, Power Cordz cables, Apple and Specialized that I have first hand experience of. Have to say though, the latter aren’t quite as awesome as they used to be!

rumple
    Free Member

mondraker, lifetime on the front triangle and when i snapped my rear end they replaced it no problem with a new one with gusset where original break was. top lads.

jacob46
    Free Member

Specialized! Life on frames.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Oz, replacing a frame with paint damage when they get a new one in, we keep the first one until then 🙂
    The software we sell, everyone who has a problem gets 1st class customer service and helpful advice from me!

danrandon
    Free Member

Whyte and ATB Sales for sorting me out. for full details see the following thread

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/oops-cracked-my-t-120-swingarm

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Best warranty/service.’ is closed to new replies.