Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • OOPS – Cracked my T-120 swingarm
  • danrandon
    Free Member

Whilst having a blast round the chase on Saturday just gone, I was riding the newly resurfaced Son of Chainslapper and I head a massive crack. Inspecting the bike thoroughly it transpired that i put a 2mm wide crack in the carbon swingarm at the lower shock mount. Gutted!

The dealer i purchased the bike from last year has ceased trading and so I approached Leisure Lakes Nottingham to see if they could handle a warranty claim for me, and props to Andy and the guys there they agreed to handle it for me.

Monday came as did the obvious phone call from Leisure lakes, who had spoken to ATB sales and advised me that they would cover the repair under warranty. BUT there are no more swing arms available for that model and they will not be making any more.

So now for the good news, ATB sales are giving me a Whyte 146 frame, swingarm and shock as a replacement, but heres the winner, any parts on my bike that are not compatible with the new frame ie forks, chainset etc are also being replaced for FREE as part of the deal.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Sorry to post but a cracking upgrade for free under warranty by the guys at ATB Sales and thanks to Andy and the crew at LL Nottingham for handling the claim.

somouk
    Free Member

That new section on Cannock is fun so I can see why you’d be there but I’m guessing it must have been something that built up over time as it’s a super smooth run.

Sounds like you got a good deal out of it!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I think that was a known issue.

danrandon
    Free Member

I was informed that it has probably been failing over a period of time with no external signs, until it finally went. But yep a good deal non the less, and great customer service form LL and ATB Sales.

Just without a bike for a week or so 🙁

wwaswas

new forks too is a bit of a result 🙂

danrandon
    Free Member

just a bit, i’d already upgraded the forks to a set of fox 32’s and they should according to them be upgrading them to a set of 34 150mm. Get in.

Can’t wait to throw the buggered leg over the new stead and thrapse it.

PLUS the T-120 had 2 years warranty, the 146 comes with five years, so i get another 3 1/2 years warranty free bonus.

wwaswas

i get another 3 1/2 years warranty free bonus.

I’d get this bit confirmed – I’d imagine they’ll say the warranty replacement frame is only covered until the original frames warranty expires.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I hope that section is as fun as it used to be. It was really bumpy but for some reason there was mammoth ammounts a grip and you could plow through it at mach 10. So disappointed when they closed it.

danrandon
    Free Member

@ wwaswas – I’ve already confirmed this, they said the new frames warranty starts at dote of original purchase for 5 years 😀

@ fr0sty125 really smooth and flowing now – mach 11 (I ran out of gears until it cracked) and Sh1t loads of grip

wwaswas

that’s good 🙂

danrandon
    Free Member

So the new steed has arrived – new frame and swing arm, rear shock, cranks and bottom bracket as it’s press fit, new fox 34 150 fit trail adjust ctd forks.

wiggles
    Free Member

looks good, glad they were able to sort it out.

nosedive
    Free Member

Brilliant. I had never considered one of those….i probably would now
    glad you got a result

danrandon
    Free Member

Leave tomorrow night for a week in Cornwall, can’t wait to chuck it round some trails. Fitted a rock guard to it and invisiframe kit on order for it.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I love the look of those frames. They seem ok priced as well

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

nice one dan! glad you got sorted and all built up, have fun on it in cornwall 🙂

danrandon
    Free Member

Will do mate, have a good time in wales.

Took it for a quick spin around the block last night with my 7 year old daughter. She wanted a go on it after i had a ride, and she said i needed to ride her pink Carrara Luna 16″…… Like that was going to happen, her head doesn’t even come up to my saddle lol.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

haha bless her! still at least shes showing willing and keen!

awesome stuff mate, what a result all of that is, good work to ll and ATB/whyte

will do ta bud, and will let you know when bits arrive 🙂 have a good un!

Northwind

That’s really good service, top stuff

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘OOPS – Cracked my T-120 swingarm’ is closed to new replies.