Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Best Use Of Lockdown Winner – Daren Austin OBE aka TiRed
  • stwhannah

Daren Austin OBE, known on the Forum as TiRed, is the winner of the ‘Best Use of Lockdown’ award in this year’s Singletrack Reader Awards, in associat …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

Best Use Of Lockdown Winner – Daren Austin OBE aka TiRed

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

bearnecessities

Nice one, Daren. I’ve really appreciated your posts amongst the noise. Thanks very much 👍

footflaps

Congratulations!

Murray

nice one

IHN

Tut, comin’ round ‘ere, posting accurate information based on your actual knowledge and expertise, that’s not what the internet’s for and you know it. For shame.

kayak23

Yeah boi! 😊👊

oldtennisshoes

Excellent – well deserved.

kelvin

👏🏼

tjagain

Tut, comin’ round ‘ere, posting accurate information based on your actual knowledge and expertise, that’s not what the internet’s for and you know it. For shame.

this!

In reality the other thing I saw was that he was unfailingly good tempered and kind even in the face of utter nonsense.  I do hope he is crap on a bike or I will have to track him down and punish him for being just toooooooo nice and good and helpful

Ewan
    Free Member

Well deserved!

tomparkin

I do hope he is crap on a bike or I will have to track him down and punish him for being just toooooooo nice and good and helpful

I listened to the podcast in full and he does 12 hour time trials and things like that. What an utter swine.

Hats off though @TiRed, really interesting podcast and I always appreciated your input on the COVID thread when I wasn’t putting my fingers in my ears and trying to pretend it wasn’t all happening.

bigdaddy

Well deserved, and thanks for all the great information and knowledge you have supplied!

leffeboy

Listened to the start of that podcast and it sounds great.  Going to save that for later

and well done Daren of course

augustuswindsock

I saw this and thought ‘ I can’t be arsed to spend 45 mins listening to a podcast – I’ll listen to the first few min’s to see what it’s about!” 45 mins later I’m sitting rivetted!
    Great work Daren, keep up the geekery!

andybrad

Well deserved

ElShalimo

tenfoot

Fantastic. Thanks for keeping us sane, TiRed.

MrOvershoot

Like TJ said I have never seen someone so patient with some right flutes, and so humble too.
    Not only has he been great on here and alongside his Covid work:

Dr Daren Austin OBE is the recipient of the Sir James Black Award for Contributions to Drug Discovery for his work on developing ofatumumab, a low-dose, self-administered anti-CD20 therapeutic, for the treatment of remitting relapsing multiple sclerosis.

That makes him a total hero in my eyes as Daren is the sort of person who gave my wife hope that her MS was treatable.

soobalias
    Free Member

IHN nailled it, but so long as you keep the accruate, balanced, informed stuff to just one thread on here, im happy to let you off 🙂

Congrats!!

mogrim

I do hope he is crap on a bike or I will have to track him down and punish him for being just toooooooo nice and good and helpful

I listened to the podcast in full and he does 12 hour time trials and things like that. What an utter swine.

I googled him, at least he’s not a looker 😀

More seriously: many congratulations @TiRed

benp1

Fantastic. Listened to the first part of the podcast, it’s ace, good job!

Bloody kids and them electric toys 🙂

Rona

Congratulations TiRed. Thanks for being the trusted voice of reason, and for taking the time to keep us updated – very much appreciated. I would doff my hat if I had one.

tjagain

Lolz@ mogrim

ElShalimo

Rona

Congratulations TiRed. Thanks for being the trusted voice of reason, and for taking the time to keep us updated – very much appreciated. I would doff my hat if I had one.

I’d be careful with that username – you’ve met your Nemesis !

reluctantjumper

Another one happy to see TiRed win this. That thread has helped me get through the last 2 years so many times it’s impossible to pick one!

Will listen to the podcast when I get a bit of free time.

funkrodent

I’ll just add my congrats to Mr Austin. Richly deserved. Does anyone have a link to the podcast?

welshfarmer91

Congratulations, your posts have been a much needed source of information that even a simple farm worker like myself has been able to follow.

MrOvershoot

funkrodent

I’ll just add my congrats to Mr Austin. Richly deserved. Does anyone have a link to the podcast?

If you click the link on the top of the thread it takes you straight to it

reluctantjumper

Just listened to the podcast while doing a gentle Zwift ride. Very informative and really does make my respect for you a little bit higher. If our paths ever cross IRL your drink will be paid for.

reeksy

>Cap doffing emoji<

It’s nice to be able to refer to (and sometimes quote) a “bloke on this bike forum thing” who actually has genuine, verifiable credibility.

Thanks for stepping back and taking the time to translate.

Drac

Extremely well deserved.

howarthp

Congratulations to a fellow TCCer.

Much deserved Daren

TedC

Agree with all that has been said above. In a sea of information, mis-information, random opinions and down right rubbish on COVID, I always came back to the thread for clarity and understanding.

Thank you TiRed.

pondo

Fantastic, contributions to society in general and this forum in particular way above and beyond – and a cracking podcast too! If I could work out how to post pictures or GIFs, there’d definitely be one here applauding vigorously. 🙂

stretch…
    Free Member

Congratulations TiRed, well deserved. I’ve used some of your information to help explain things to our team of NHS engineers – thank you

mogrim

I’ll just add my congrats to Mr Austin

Dr. Austin, if I’m not mistaken 👍

mikeyp

Well done Daren, Ive shamelessly regurgitated all the clever stuff you’ve said on the threads and pretended I’m far cleverer than I am.

davosaurusrex

Bit of perspective needed I think. He’s not that nice, he did a free online bike fit for me a while back out of the kindness of his heart! Makes you think doesn’t it? Tut.

chrismac

Just listened to the podcast and had low expectations. How wrong I was, he was great, interesting and definitely a great communicator. Thoroughly enjoyed it

blokeuptheroad

Congratulations! Though I seldom post in it, I’m a long time reader of ‘the thread’. Mostly so I can filter out all the guff and read your measured, insightful and often reassuring words of wisdom. Hugely appreciated, many thanks.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Best Use Of Lockdown Winner – Daren Austin OBE aka TiRed’ is closed to new replies.