Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best site for cheap flights
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Who do you use?

supertune205
    Free Member
    Pigface
    Free Member

Is there a best day to book the flights for best prices?

peterfile
    Free Member

Not really, but booking far in advance for budget airlines usually achieves the best value, and for the more expensive scheduled ones look for their sales and try to be as flexible as possible.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    Is there a best day to book the flights for best prices?

Generally the day they are on sale or just come out. Though it depends on where you are going, virgin over here in Oz have regular sales that are cheaper than most online content scrapers.

Try the airline websites and if they are non-budget join the loyalty scheme.

Pigface
    Free Member

Going to Chicago in late August for about 16 days. Best so far is about £550 which isnt to bad I guess.

lodious
    Free Member

I find the difference in using resellers has been so small, I just book direct with the airlines. £550 to Chicago sounds like a good deal. As so much of the flight is tax and fees its not going to get much cheaper than that.

tonyg2003

£550 is pretty good. I fly to the US maybe once every 3 weeks (Detroit) and haven’t flown that cheap for ages. Although Chicago is a hub for more airlines than DTW.

peterfile
    Free Member

Going to Chicago in late August for about 16 days. Best so far is about £550 which isnt to bad I guess.

Play around with both your dates and departure airports (if possible!).

I’ve also noticed recently that despite codesharing, the tax on a BA flight leaving a London airport (for LAX for example) is for some reason MUCH more expensive than an AA flight on the same route. It adds about £250 to the flight.

hot_fiat

Don’t repeatedly search and then book: the airline booking systems interpret this as increased demand on the route and start winding up the price. We generally search for a route & approximate price, wait a day and then book in one search.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Try calling your local Trailfinders. They access fares not available elsewhere.

sharkbait
    Free Member

If you’re looking at budget flights you need to move quickly. We’re going away this August and checked the flight prices (Easyjet) the day after Boxing day. In the morning they were £165 each but by lunchtime they had risen to £173 (not much but x5 it all adds up).
    I presume they have some system that adjusts prices based on the number of people looking at those flights.

scuttler

There’s a bloke on here Vanilla83 aka Ben who’s a travel agent that fixed me up. Failing that kayak.co.uk is a good start.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/flights-to-australia-with-family-options

vanilla83
    Free Member

Hi op. I’m the travel agent named above (thanks for the recommendation scuttler!). If you still need help, post your email address and I’ll get in touch. I work for one of the big international companies.

Otherwise failing that, I’d agree with the Kayak suggestion. I wouldn’t use SkyScanner though.

sadexpunk

hi vanilla, i wouldnt mind talking to you about it too if you can spare an email or two?

can get me at my username at gmail dot com.

thanks a lot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best site for cheap flights’ is closed to new replies.