• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by FFJA.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best product for DIY dental filling repair? Any dentists about?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

Had part of one of my many fillings fall out yesterday and keen to make a repair before it gets worse. An appointment is difficult to get anytime soon as there’s no pain so I’m looking to plug the gap so as to speak . I’ve used the ubiquitous dentek temporary filling before but not impressed so I’m curious if people have had success with other products ..ideally permanent fixes if possible!
    Super glue with bicarbonate?! Epoxy metal filler!? I’ll try anything if it’s unlikely to make me ill.
    Seriously though….I’ve seen various glass ionomer kits that are available. The cheaper ones on Amazon have very mixed reviews . At the higher end it seems that products like “fugi X9” and “3M ketac universal ” are pretty good but rather expensive as you have to buy a reasonable amount unless you source from India via eBay.
    If people have used other stuff that works well I’d appreciate a recommendation …I’m not after perfection …I’m old and ugly anyhow !
    Thanks in advance
    Bill

TheBrick
    Free Member

Bob from shooting starts recommends Fuji 9!

TheBrick
    Free Member

Funny clip bit he does actually use it

trail_rat
    Free Member

Had similar. Plugged it with a dentek kit.

Dentist said don’t do that in future keep it open keep it clean.

falkirk-mark

Have you tried to get an appointment or are you assuming you will only get one if you are in pain. I lost a filling and the dentist gave me an appointment an hour after I phoned.(2 weeks ago)

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Just had a couple of dental appointments in the last week to address a broken filling. I was getting no pain so the lead time for the appointment was a couple of months but my dentist said emergency appointments are available should I start to get any pain. I didn’t need one but could have had one if required. Might be worth asking your dentist, but for me I never got any pain or discomfort from it.

FFJA
    Free Member

I used the travel kit from boots when I had extreme pain from a lost filling but couldn’t see dentist. Seemed to work better than the dentak one I’d tried before but I can’t remember the brand sorry. You have my sympathy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best product for DIY dental filling repair? Any dentists about?’ is closed to new replies.