Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best places to ride in West Oxfordshire
  • jumble
    Free Member

I may be moving next year to West Oxfordshire – around the Bampton area.

Having lived in the beautiful Chilterns for the last 30 years the lack of hills and off road riding is worrying me. I am thinking that I will end up doing mostly road riding.

Any experiences?

Thanks

JasonDS

Witney mountain bike club have a facebook group, they might be able to give you some good options.

dan2406

Yes pretty flat round these parts!! Join up with our club as above. Do weekly rides and the odd monthly trip out. Few rides out to the Chilterns actually and the forest of Dean. I’m in Aston so be happy showing you a few trails.

There are a few road cycling groups as well if that takes your fancy. Micky Cranks is one I can think of.

drofluf
    Free Member

Not too far South of you there’s the Ridgeway as well

Trimix
    Free Member

Im in that area, there are some fun bits here and there. Can show you around if you like. Not quite like the Chilterns / Forest of Dean etc, but certainly fun for an hour or two. A little north of Bampton is where I ride mid week.

jumble
    Free Member

thanks for the information everyone.

jkomo

There’s a club out of Mickey Cranks bike shop, road and mtb. Quite a busy scene. Terrain is cross country, FOD and BPW the closest really good stuff in my opinion.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best places to ride in West Oxfordshire’ is closed to new replies.