Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best place to buy Rockshox service kit
  • rossburton
    Free Member

I need a service kit for a 2020 Recon. I found someone on eBay that sold what looked like a full service kit and small bottles of the oils, but now my fork is in bits on the bench I’ve discovered the seals are the wrong size and it’s missing a couple of parts, so I thought I’d just get a genuine one.

Where in the UK is good for service kits? Everyone I found via a quick google is in Europe.

scotroutes

I just bought a couple from Europe. Seems the UK distributers aren’t (interested in?) bringing them into the UK.

butcher

Price should be below the threshold to import from Europe and not get stung for tax, as long you can find somewhere willing to deliver to UK.

rossburton
    Free Member

Six EU stores down and they either have no stock, or don’t deliver to the UK…

joebristol

Can’t you just order from tf tuned or h tech tuning? Always got all the service stuff I needed from them. Quick delivery usually.

toby

Yeah, good luck, I had a similar problem. It looks to me like there’s some restrictions on market share preventing EU sellers shipping to the UK, but then the UK distributor isn’t keeping up with spares. I can’t find a replacement lockout / damper for my Reba at the moment.

I got a decent set of O-Rings from Q:Bikes via ebay. But like you I ended up with the wrong wiper seals – they’re different between boost and non-boost forks. However the right ones were sent out after a quick phone call. Glide rings weren’t included, but mine seemed in good shape.

TFTuned had the bits in stock to do the service, but didn’t have service kits to sell.

rossburton
    Free Member

The Q:Bikes kit is the one I got, and yes everything is slightly out. I really would like a replacement glide ring as the one that came out of this fork is missing a prong…

addy6402

I’ve just had some Bluto (Reba/Recon) service kits from r2-bike, if you’ve not already tried them…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.