Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Best minipumps at the mo?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

My Blackburn seized up when reinflating post-puncture this morning. In a fit of stupidity, I unscrewed it to try to ascertain the problem, and a shower of tiny bits fell out. So it’s now definitely died. 😆

So, what minipumps are people currently recommending – not too pricey as am super skint right now, discrete enough that people aren’t going to immediately pinch it off my pomp when it’s locked up, frame clip so I can leave it on there most of the time, not too big and obviously good for decent pressure. Not too demanding, eh? 🙂

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Northwind

Evolution, under whatever brand it’s sold under these days- used to be Truflo, think it might be Mparts now? Like a Mountain Morph but cheaper and doesn’t fall apart.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Cool ta, will take a look. Any other recommendations, people?

z1ppy

Mountain morph or some johnny come lately replica. I’d suggest there obviously not for the cack-handed but as I am cack-handed, mine lasted 5 or more years before I managed to snap the footpad off the other month.
    Make of that what you will & just get one (or a copy)

theflatboy
    Free Member

I bit the bullet and went for a Lezyne Pressure Drive. It better not let me down!

monkeychild
    Free Member

What are these like? Phaaaaaaart

glupton1976
    Free Member

They are really good. One of the best pumps i’ve used and by far the best value for money pump out there.

Duane…
    Free Member

I have a Lezyne one, quite like it as it screws on to the valve, rather than just held on by friction (the standard press on, and flip the lever), which I never really got on with.

Plus it’s anodized red and looks cool 😛

Cougar

I have a Lezyne one, quite like it as it screws on to the valve, rather than just held on by friction (the standard press on, and flip the lever), which I never really got on with.

Plus it’s anodized red and looks cool

I think we have the same one. “Alloy Drive” or something, IIRC. Good bit of kit.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Duane… – Member

I have a Lezyne one, quite like it as it screws on to the valve

That was part of what convinced me – I managed to rip the valve on my only spare tube recently using the now-deceased Blackburn. Never again, hopefully!

whyter

Another shout for the Phaart Rumbler – great VFM, comes with frame clip, and works! It has a pull-out hose which avoids valve ripping.

jimc101
    Free Member

Why not just get another Blackburn? It has a lifetime warranty, contact the shop where you got it from / Madison for details of how to get it replaced. Saves buying a new one.

theflatboy
    Free Member

does it now… will look into that, ta.

munkster
    Free Member

Anyone know the dimensions (ie. length) of the Phaart Rumbler pump?

HermanShake
    Free Member

Phaart Rumbler is teh win-awesumz. Does the job with much less faffage and isn’t that much bigger in the bag than my Blackburn Pump. Although it clips to a bottle mount, it’s big (by mini standards) so will probably go missing if left on the frame. It’s great though, just take it off when you lock up.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Roughly it’s 30x4x2.5cm

Sounds massive but is fine in real life as the plastic hose tube and alloy barrel aren’t particularly fat.

munkster
    Free Member

30cm is quite long for a jersey back pocket though, no?

HermanShake
    Free Member

It is, but it’s also a mini floor pump. There’s only so small it can reasonably be. I think the Lezyne teeny weeny pumps or those airbone ones Charlie the Mike Bonger sells are more jersey friendly.

I wouldn’t have one waggling about on my back (I’d use the frame mount), but then I only use my road bike for getting about and not ‘proper’ roadie use.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Best minipumps at the mo?’ is closed to new replies.