Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best in-Ear headphones that’ll fit under a full face….
  • alpin
    Free Member

Had some Phillips thingies,but have now lost them.

Want something, preferably with noise cancelling, that I can wear under a full face (in one ear).

Saw some Bose sport buds at the airport last week, but wasn’t allowed to actually look at them nor open the packaging so didn’t buy.

bjhedley

Not Noise cancelling but I use Jaybird Tarahs for Snowboarding as my Bose ones were too Bulky and interfered with the Ear Flaps. The Jaybirds were about the smallest ones I could find. The Sony Link buds seems a bit smaller. Airpod pro’s are pretty low profile, but was really unimpressed with the sounds when I tried them.

benos

Shure earphones could be a good option. They’re low profile and the cable hooks over your ear for security. They’re not active noise cancelling, but their passive cancellation is among the best available because they’re designed for stage monitoring (they also have tips that block less sound, as the ‘olive’ ones really block a lot and it’s a bit much if you want to be able to hear traffic).

https://www.shure.com/en-GB/products/earphones

Personally I recommend the budget 215 or the Aonic 5 (aka se535). The ones in between are a bit bass light in comparison.

Albeit I like them, don’t go with Powerbeats pro – they turn off if you remove one. There may be a way round this, but I dunno

alpin
    Free Member

Cheers guys…. I’ll have a Google..

bri-72

AirPods have a much lower external profile than other brands. Thinking sony and other bud types which appear to stick out a lot. And I suspect more susceptible to
    Being knocked by your FF helmet. AirPods I think might not have a those issues. I’ve worn a FF tho.

Superficial
    Free Member

Beats X if you can still find some, or Beats Flex if you can’t. They’ll easily fit under a helmet.

muddyjames
    Free Member

Hijacking (but only very slightly as might be useful to the OP) are there any that meet this requirement and have a hook over the ear to Keep them in place – for those with ears not designed for in ear buds/ plugs (every one I’ve tried fall out!)

CountZero

Not sure if wireless is a priority or not, personally I’ve gone off BT earphones because batteries seem to die at awkward times, plus after a relatively short space of time the batteries will stop charging, and they’ll be junk.

I’ve got several different types of MeeAudio IEM’s, the cheapest ones are remarkably good, although you might need a Lightning > 3.5mm adapter, or a USB-C > 3.5mm one if using a smartphone.

They come with a whole bunch of different size eartips, including double-and-triple-flange, my favourites are the triple-flange.

https://www.meeaudio.com/X1

If you don’t mind spending a bit more, their Pinnacle P1 IEM’s are stunningly good, and use an MMCX connector, so you can buy a separate cable with a remote and either a Lightning or USB-C connector, which don’t cost the earth. MeeAudio don’t do that type of cable, I got mine from a third-party.

https://www.meeaudio.com/P1

Superficial
    Free Member

Hijacking (but only very slightly as might be useful to the OP) are there any that meet this requirement and have a hook over the ear to Keep them in place – for those with ears not designed for in ear buds/ plugs (every one I’ve tried fall out!)

I really struggle with keeping standard earbuds in. Apple earbuds are the worst offenders. If you can, get some with the rubbery ‘wings’ that press against your ear folds. Holds them nice and secure. The BeatsX I suggested came with them, though I’m not sure if they still do, annoyingly. I guess you can get aftermarket ones.

Over ear designs are gonna be terrible in a full face (or indeed with most helmets and most glasses).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.