Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best eateries around Bala
  • spacemonkey

We’ll be hooking up with the elders near Chester for a few days from tomo and spending time visiting their family and friends around Bala.

Where is good for getting a good chomp – anything from delis and cafes to pubs and restaurants. Looking for good, honest, home cooked type fare (that we’re lucky to have in abundance in these here Surrey Hills).

Ta

spacemonkey

Bumpy

gingerbllr
    Free Member

Lived in that area for a decade and still visit sometimes – it’s shit for pubs and restaurants. Even the surrounding bigger towns are crappy for food and the takeaways are crap too.

Never tried it but I have heard good things about yr hwb in Bala (newish), and I know the setting is nice. Stori on the high street is good for a local craft/hipster brew.

mrchrist

Dropped in for lunch the other week. Nowt looked good so went to a bakery/Gregg’s type think and ate by the lake.

pk13

Glad it’s not just me. It’s a lovely place but lacking in scran shops. I’ve not been since lockdown thought.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Cyfnod Cafe Bistro

Brilliant food, maybe most tourists pass it by. Eaten there a few times and very good

madeupname
    Free Member

Stopped for fish n chips by the lake whilst passing though this evening.
    From Badell Aur Restaurant on the High St. (it’s a chippy, takeaway only at present).
    Sat by the lake with my two young kids watching the sun go down, and people falling off paddleboards.
    Beautiful setting… not been to this part of the world for about 15 years, need to come back more often!

eddd
    Free Member

There’s a good bison farm nearby, Rhyg I think. Great burgers.

spacemonkey

Cool, that’s 3 places on the list so far to investigate.

Anything you know of that’s a few miles further afield, say between Snowdonia and Chester?

jamesmio
    Free Member

The Indian was Ok – bobby basic but the scran was fine.

It was BYOB at the time, so a quick nip into the taproom along the street is worthwhile if you’re wanting a beer with it.

Agree with the others though, it’s a pretty little spot but slim pickings on the ‘nice’ bits to eat front.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

cafe in llanfrothen is worth a visit , doesn’t open sunday though , food is very good , as is cake .
    on sunday there is a cafe open in croesor after midday , also good , best cycling cafe is in rhyd ddu , ty mawr , not open mon , but the dutch coffee is the best , his cakes n pancakes are spot on as well, v cheap …….more upmarket places do exist , but since i don’t patronise them , can’t say ……basically avoid chain / branded places should be ok ……happy eating

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Best eateries around Bala’ is closed to new replies.