Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Best charity shop find
  • jock-muttley

charity shop finds is go to them in affluent areas.

Sort of true but they DO price according to the affluence of the area, in Newcastle avoid Jesmond as the prices are just STUPID, Gosforth is good though.

Best areas are the depressed ones like North & South Shields, Blyth & Byker. Found a Fox prototype bamboo riding top in South Shields… would love to find how it got there! Have found x4 VW/Trek riding tops (£2.50 ea), nice pair of “PROPER” etnies in Whitley Bay and some Animal hoodie/fleeces too.

Girlfriend & I do a charity shop trawl at least once every 2 weeks on days off.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jock, Fox Europe are based in Gateshead. Might help explain it a bit!

bland

Oxfam in Cheltenham had a decent deal on coins, 5 Euro for £3.50, and $10 for £6 the other day!

I actually prefer shopping in charidy shops over high street stores. You actually get choice and an element of surprise which has been wholly removed from high street shopping these days.

Had more bargains from car boot sales than charity shops though i reckon!

vdubber67
    Free Member

Brand new howies jeans for a fiver.

dogbert
    Free Member

what are “PROPER” etnies?

Deveron53
    Free Member

Aberdeen – the place to go for nearly new foul weather gear. There’s a K2/Burton Clicker snowboard outfit in Shelter for 20 quid, size 8 though.

weare138
    Free Member

I got a Mego King Arthur figure in it original box for 50p. Sold it for £50.
    Also found the Eye of War photography book, I think I paid £1. Opened it up to find it signed by Don McCullin and Phillip Jones Griffith. I won’t be getting rid of that in a hurry.

psychle
    Free Member

Do those who turn profits donate some back to the charity shop? Seems a bit unethical otherwise to me… just sayin like 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Best charity shop find’ is closed to new replies.