Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best carrier to ship a frame with?
  • b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

i just shipped a frame within the UK and it cost me £37 incl insurance!! all be it I gave it to the wife to post and I’m assuming she didn’t choose the ‘Hand delivered by a knight on a white unicorn’ service……

Anyone know the most cost effective supplier?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I use Royal Mail standard parcel with insurance – I posted my forks off for service (2.5kg) and cost me about £12 with £500 of insurance – posted it Friday and got to Loco Tuning on Monday!

b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

Cool, although I think when the box goes above a combined dimennsion total of 60 inches or something it goes Parcel Force.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I’ve always found Royal Mail services for large packages very expensive as they go on ‘volumetric weight’ and their rates for this get very pricey.

I’ve been using Parcel2Go for about a year and have sent maybe 15 or so large packages including three frames. Typically I used DHL but they’ve now been absorbed into a new company called Yodel and I’ve not had any problems with them.

Home collection is also a massive help with large packages. Prices for the frames were around £15-20.

neninja
    Free Member

Gwizz Couriers – less than £10 to ship a frame and £500 free insurance cover with an extra £500 only something like £1

http://www.gwizzcouriers.co.uk/

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

+1 Parcels2Go.com. They’re a ‘broker’ for most of the other courier firms and will offer you a variety of prices with different firms based on delivery time/degree to which you can specify collection time and so on.

Different firms are cheap for different size parcels and locations. Insurance often adds significantly to the cost.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

+1 Parcels2Go.com. They’re a ‘broker’ for most of the other courier firms and will offer you a variety of prices with different firms based on delivery time/degree to which you can specify collection time and so on.

Different firms are cheap for different size parcels and locations. Insurance often adds significantly to the cost.

topangarider
    Free Member

Used send it now, which is basically Parcelforce but cheaper. Found them to be spot on and not too expensive – £20 for a bike IIRC

z1ppy

Some useful info here though apparently I am (or ‘we are’) abnormal, expecting to get our kit insured whilst in transit…

jonba
    Free Member

I’ve used paisley frieght to send kayak stuff before. They seem good and reasonablly priced.

monkeyboyjc

i’ve always used parcelmonkey – £6-7 collect from your hone (more with insurance though)

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cool, although I think when the box goes above a combined dimennsion total of 60 inches or something it goes Parcel Force.

I found out that its the insurance that really puts the cost up!

I have posted all my frames (quite a few :oops:) – Std parcel by wrapping them in bubble wrap and several bin liners with the std tube, bb and drop out protectors – all been fine and gets around the maximum dimensions that would be an issue with a std bike box – (and lighter)!

b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

Thanks all

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best carrier to ship a frame with?’ is closed to new replies.