Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best boostificator for a DT 240 rear?
  • Northwind

Bloody stupid boost finally got me but I’m not retiring my lovely DT hub… There’s a few options out there and they’re all basically the same concept so before i buy the cheap one from Actionsports, does anyone have any recommendations or… unrecommendations?

LAT

If you regularly remove your wheel the spacer type are a bit awkward, but work fine otherwise. I got mine from xc racer.

Northwind

Yeah, the DT specific ones replace the whole driveside spacer so I’m assuming will be retained just the same as the stock one, rather than like the Mt Zoom one.

Cheers though, I’d forgotten all about XCRacer, they have some nice stuff!

zezaskar
    Free Member

I used a cheap double ring spacer one for a while. It’s bloody awful. You can put some superglue drops to attach the spacers to the hub or frame, but they eventually fall off, generally into the overgrown black hole. I think it’s a waste for such a nice hub.

I now use the Wolftooth Boostinator. Is not that much expensive and does things the proper way. It replaces the stock left cup and puts a spacer on the disc. You need to dish your rim some mm to the left but even a wheel building dummy like me could do it, it’s just a matter of tightening the non driveside spokes a quarter turn per pass.
    You also end up with a stronger wheels as the rim gets more centered between the hub flanges

martinhutch

Boostinator. Bit pricier, but rock solid in my experience.

ac282

Boostinator. It keeps the cassette in the same place as boost hubs so my gears work when I swap wheels.

argee

Also noting that the boostinator requires redishing of the back wheel, spokes will hopefully be able to cover this?

Northwind

Yeah, most wheels will deal with being redished like that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best boostificator for a DT 240 rear?’ is closed to new replies.