Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best 2021 budget swim, cycle, run smart watch
  • didnthurt

Moon on a stick time….

I want from a smart watch the following but I don’t want to spend a fortune as, well, I don’t have a fortune.

Must have:
    – Not cost a fortune
    – Track indoor swimming.
    – Track indoor and outdoor cycling
    – Track indoor and outdoor running
    – Upload/download to my phone wirelessly
    – Track sleep
    – Built heart rate monitor
    – Bluetooth heart rate, cadence and wheel speed sensor compatible

Would like:
    – Have a decent battery
    – Music player without phone
    – Have maps
    – Not too big
    – Look decent

Help?

mrsheen
    Free Member

I think the forerunner 245 (music) might tick plenty of those boxes.

jeffl

What is your budget? I’ve got a vivoactive 3 and it will do all of that, apart from music without phone. Maps aren’t native but you can get apps or widgets to cover that off. £125 on Amazon currently or £140 from Halfords.

didnthurt

Budget would be less than £200.

mrsheen
    Free Member

There’s Maps and theres Breadcrumb maps depending on what level of navigation detail you need.

didnthurt

I didn’t even consider the vivo active range but the 3 looks decent. Not outrageously expensive either.

euain

Refurb Apple Watch (from apple so indistinguishable from new)? Series 3 under 200. SE a lot newer at £270 Apple store link

Does all you ask except wheel sensor (I think) but it does have GPS to track rides. Does need your phone to be an iPhone though.

ampthill

Suunto ambit 3 peak used

£65 mint frim ebay. I might have been a bit lucky

Lacks music and maps. Does the rest brilliantly

nickjb
    Free Member

You’ll get a decent used fenix 5 for that budget. I got a 3 for less than half that. Doesn’t do music and the maps are a bit underwhelming but I’m not worried about that. Only issue might be size.

kelron
    Free Member

I’ve had a Vivoactive 3 Music for a couple of years now and there’s not much I’d change about it. Haven’t tried maps on the watch but it has music storage.

didnthurt

The Vivoactive 3 music looks really good but I’ve found a Venu for £199, should I go for the Venu?

didnthurt

Bought the Venu. Hope it’ll be ok 🤞

mikertroid
    Free Member

I have a Vivoactive 4 which is similar to the Venu…great watch, you won’t be disappointed 👍🏼

didnthurt

Been wearing/using my watch for a few days and I’m really liking it. It was dead easy to setup (helped by already having a Garmin account) and pretty easy to use. It looks and feels like a quality bit of kit.

The watch face selection is really good too, you can even make your own up.

Went swimming the other night and was easy to set up and use, it missed a few length but that could have been user error. I’ll give another go on Tuesday.

Not tried it for other sports yet but an happy so far with my purchase.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best 2021 budget swim, cycle, run smart watch’ is closed to new replies.