Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Best £20 or less Safety/Riding Glasses?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Preferably yellow lenses, and with as little distortion as possible. Quite a few on Amazon/eBay/Screwfix etc, so looking for personal recommendations.

Cheers.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I just got some Bolle off eBay, really cheap but fit great.

binners

Bolle Contours are the best I’ve used.

Excellent for the money. Wear them til they’re scratched to bggery, then chuck ’em and buy some more

LapSteel
    Free Member

+1 for Bolle contours….smoke lenses are my favourite

avdave2

I prefer the fit of DeWalt glasses to the Bolle ones I’ve had. I have a pair of clear and a pair of grey. The only thing that would ever tempt me to pay more for riding glasses is reactive lenses.

legend
    Free Member

Bolle Contours were horrific for me, made me feel like I was riding a 29er – distorted so that i seemed higher up and mistimed everything.

Buy cheap buy twice for me unfortunately

sandwicheater

£3 from Aldi and they are not bad

^^must be an individual thing with the Bolle’s – I wear them on the bike occasionally (usually clears at night, as I have Tifosi Fototecs for the day) and also all day, every day at work and I don’t find they distort vision at all.

Jamie
    Free Member

Might take a punt on the Bolles, as they are on Amazon for £9 with metal frames, or for a saving of 17g and £1.80, get the plastic framed version.

Decisions, decisions.

legend
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    ^^must be an individual thing with the Bolle’s – I wear them on the bike occasionally (usually clears at night, as I have Tifosi Fototecs for the day) and also all day, every day at work and I don’t find they distort vision at all.

It was a weird one TBH, off the bike they seemed absolutely fine but then as soon as I got moving…….

unovolo
    Free Member

Bolle Contours the same as the ones ‘Binners’post shows.
    Really cannot fault them for the money.

Going to try a set of the Bolle Spiders with the clear lens for Rainy,Evening,etc wear as well.

wallop

Bolle Contour. Don’t get the metal framed version!

doh
    Free Member

used various bolles for years but found that the fake oakley jawbones to be much better with 3 diff lenses and a nice case for about a tenner

Jamie
    Free Member

used various bolles for years but found that the fake oakley jawbones to be much better with 3 diff lenses and a nice case for about a tenner

Link? Unless that’s not allowed now? If so, email in profile.

peterfile
    Free Member

Bolle Contours were horrific for me, made me feel like I was riding a 29er – distorted so that i seemed higher up and mistimed everything.

+1

threw them in the bin after one ride

Been using Endura Sharks for the last few years. Getting a bit tatty now, but been great.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I like my decathlon ones (ORAC?), clear/yellow/sunglasses lenses, although they do get scratched so need replcing after 2 years or so.

Got some ebay jawbone style ‘sports glasses’, the nose is too small for me though, but can’t fault the quality.

andyl
    Free Member

+1 for Bolle contour.

The ESP lenses look a bit 80s oakley but they really do make things crisper. I use them for work as the contrast improvement makes spotting defects in carbon layups easier. Will probably pick up some smoked ones too next summer.

chakaping
    Free Member

Endura Spectrum comes in yellow, costs £15.

Very happy with my clear ones, big improvement over cheap glasses.

Jamie
    Free Member

So far it’s 50/50 between Bolle Contours being great, or shit. So clear as mud then….or Bolle Contours if you’re not a fan 8)

wordnumb
    Free Member

My Contours arrived this morning, I’m wearing them right now.
    They have clear rather than ESP lenses, will death result or simply horrific injury?

avdave2

distorted so that i seemed higher up and mistimed everything.

I had a clear pair of Madison cycling glasses years ago that did that, very disconcerting.

stumpy01

I recently got some clear Uvex SGL204s and they seem pretty good.

VanHalen

bolle contours for me – the esp ones. i need to get some clears for night though i recon.

ahwiles
    Free Member

bolle bandido’s here.

no frame – i can hardly tell i’m wearing them.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

I really rate 3m Virtua safety glasses ; they do an amber lense but seemingly not imported into this country, though I’ve not looked hard.

I have a few sets of clear and blue-mirror smoke-tint dotted around the place for easy access and they stay mist free for longer, and when they do mist up , clear faster, with good peripheral vision.
    I’m fussy about my glasses too as a prescription glasses/contacts wearer. I hate dirty vision.
    £4 a pop (or less in bulk in some places) can’t go wrong.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Ususally wear the Bolles but I got some of these Avenir ones from Rutland to try, multiple choice lenses (or like me spare lenses when numpty scratches yet another lens).

I’m not fussy, after 3 scratched corneas I’ll wear anything. Nothing like a pain that lasts 2-3 days and cant be dulled except for optical local anathsteic or intravenous medication to make you wear glasses.

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/97761/products/avenir-airflow-sunglasses-with-interchangeable-lenses.aspx

Northwind

I didn’t get on with the Contours, I think the shape just wasn’t right for me so they sat a long way out… But I get on brilliantly with my even cheaper Bolle BL10s, which I think come in a yellow tint (as well as clear, dark, and welding-super-mega-black, if you want to go riding on the sun.

parkesie
    Free Member

Rather good for £19.99

benp1

I got a pair of Bolle Siliums, the metal framed pair. Preferred them as thought they looked better than the contours and have sprung hinges

Picked up a Bolle safety spec case for them as well so I can dump them in my bag and protect them from scratching

Done the job for me so far, not just flying dirt and flies but branches and leaves too

Jamie
    Free Member

Bolle Contour ESPs arrived today. Not sure if it’s me being a weirdo, probably, but they feel a bit off vision wise. Might have a wonky pair, or maybe my eyes are wonky. Will give them a test during the week. Otherwise, it’s back to the drawing board.

brakes
    Free Member

lots of choice at throwaway prices

reggiegasket
    Free Member

DeWalt clears for me. Not very trick but comfy and do the job.

Neil-F
    Free Member

I use the cheapo £3 ones from Aldi’s, great value, I bought a couple of pairs.

legend
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    Bolle Contour ESPs arrived today. Not sure if it’s me being a weirdo, probably, but they feel a bit off vision wise. Might have a wonky pair, or maybe my eyes are wonky. Will give them a test during the week. Otherwise, it’s back to the drawing board.

Jamie, that’s exactly what myself and a few others said about then just up there ^

igm

STW and noone’s said Fakelys ye?

richpips
    Free Member

STW and noone’s said Fakelys ye?

Only if you read the thread. 😉

sirtomsmith
    Free Member

Try xlc jamaica they come with 3 lenses an iridium fire a clear and a yellow tint lenses less than 20 think I paid 14 for mine

Jamie
    Free Member

STW and noone’s…..

….read the thread.

8)

100mphplus
    Free Member

I’ve been suing Bolle Contours for years and wouldn’t use anything else.

I work for a construction Co and we recently had Bolle and Uvex in when we were reviewing our safety glasses procurement.

They both told us that the £7 safety glasses we were buying were exactly the same as the £40+ glasses they sell under their cycling specific range!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Best £20 or less Safety/Riding Glasses?’ is closed to new replies.