Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • best 120mm fork for sensible money
  • mikeclarke
    Free Member

Im searching the net for a good fork that is 120mm will take 29er and 650b+

sensible money and works well, there are so many options. So if you were in the market what would you be looking to buy? This is going on a hardtail for most things other than full out dh stuff

cheers be interested to see what recommendations there are. My budget is around 600 max id say 🙂

mccraque

My Yari cost £400 and is 29/ 650+ boost. Pretty happy with it.

chakaping
    Free Member

I have a Pike on my hardtail and use both 29in and B-plus.

It’s great, much better than longer-travel Pikes as it’s stiffer.

I’d consider X-Fusion as well if I was trying to source a new fork now.

jekkyl

it’s gotta be a reba as a minimum.

scotroutes

Boost Reba on my Pact. That’s primarily for Bikepacking so not in need of anything fancy.

mikeclarke
    Free Member

Should of mentioned non boost but I guess I can still get more sus forks non boost still. I have been considering the Reba just just thought I’d pay a bit more for something a tad better? This is just another option for me instead of fully rigid what it is at moment. Cheers

daern
    Free Member

I’ve seen a few used 120mm Fox 32 Factory 29er forks knocking about. I picked up a 650b set for my son’s bike a couple of weeks ago and they are in excellent condition and only £200. Quick service and they were good to go.

Not sure if they’d have the clearance for 650b+ but might be worth a look around…

ade9933
    Free Member

I have the Revelation 120…. It fits 29ers but rubs on the b+ as soon as you put any weight on it…. it’s fine upside down mind!

Available at a decent price though 🙂

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

With non boost forks you will struggle to get anything bigger than 2.8 x 650+ tyres to fit and may not be able to even go that fat .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘best 120mm fork for sensible money’ is closed to new replies.