Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Bespoked Bristol
  • toby1

Bespoked

Who’s planning a trip to the show then?

Please note, sort of shameless plug, but I am not associated with the show and stand to make no financial gain from the show, just interested and hoping to aid it’s success.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yup, will be there on Saturday. Was ace last year, looks like it’ll be even better this year. Plus, I get to meet the chap who made my frame 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

going on friday – is it a good idea to spend the extra £1.50 on advanced tickets or just rock up? Are there limited tickets available? Wouldnt have thought so personally…

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Yep, will be there on saturday – lots of bling to look at!

SidewaysTim

I’ll be exhibiting this year with a few bikes and some White Industries kit. Quite frankly I’m poohing myself, but in a good way. I think.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Also there on Saturday in the company of Pedalhead and Crispedwheel *waves* along with my partner who will be keeping firm hold of the credit card all day.

Moses

On Friday evening, I hope.
    Stoner – I’ll buy you the drink I reckon I owe you, if we meet.

Stoner
    Free Member

moses – top idea.
    drop me a note of your number and I’ll text you when Im there.

I think BD might be showing up too.

tang
    Free Member

hoping to nip down on friday.

Moses

Stoner – will do. I’m likely to see BD tonight as well
    Mail in a mo.

Stoner
    Free Member

excellent, make sure he doesnt forget he’s on a promise.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I’ll be there, hustling for a job.. Sick and tired of my masters, and missing working in the bike trade!

ART

Yup, going for a mooch around on Sunday, looking forward to it. 🙂

toby1

Sounds like a meeting of great minds is afoot. As for advance tickets, yeah I’m pretty sure you’ll be fine to just rock up and buy them, can’t imagine it’ll be a full on sell out!

Sideways_tim – I think it’s more a seat of your pants type show than a precision planned event anyway 🙂

cheers_drive

I shall be there early Friday eve.

IHN

I was planning on going Sunday, it will still be on won’t it (website’s not working for me at the mo)

toby1

IHN, yeah till 5.30 or 6 on Sunday I believe. I think they need to recruit some hardy Northern hamsters for the server!

SidewaysTim

Sideways_tim – I think it’s more a seat of your pants type show than a precision planned event anyway

That’s why it appeals 🙂
    I’m busy trying to get black paint to stick to MDF at present. Might be resorting to the tradesmans favourite, duct tape, shortly.

CountZero

Probably going down, butnim not sure which day yet, probably Saturday.

brant
    Free Member

I’m off Friday I think.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Friday for me, looking forward to new things from Curtis

stevemakin

6000 tickets already sold I hear !

boltonjon

Visiting Sunday after riding Afan on Saturday and a night out in Bristol on Saturday night

Looking forward to it!! 😀

toby1

6000 damn, looks like it’ll be a busy weekend!

saladdodger
    Free Member

tempted but if I do go I will end up buying a Cotic X 😕

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m going Friday too…

OCB
    Free Member

I’m thinking Friday as well.
    Hopefully not sold out, as it’ll be 3hrs on the train for no reason.

😕

What camera for Bespoked Bristol – a fat (elderly) dSLR and a couple of short lenses too much d’ya think ?

toby1

OCB will likely have my 400D and all purpose 17-85 with me, maybe the 10-22 as well for getting the whole room in, oooh, wonder if I could hire a fish-eye from bristol cameras – off to check that out.

toby1

D’uh that’ll be a no then. Oh well.

OCB
    Free Member

Ah, that’s a good idea!
    I’ll pop my 10-20 in my bag as well then – it’ll make a change to shoot with stuff at that length.

😉

mattsccm
    Free Member

Right, several questions.
    As well as here, it has been asked on at several other places if tickets on the door, for tonight, are limited. Anyone know if that is the case. Definitive answer please.
    Tried to contact the organisers but they are keeping their heads down. Even the venue has no details or they are not telling me.
    I may be worrying for nowt but we don’t want to drive down to find we can’t get in.
    Ta lots.

woodsman
    Free Member

If anyone has any pictures I’d love to see them – looking forward to seeing one of my paintwork jobs built up – excited!

wallop

Tonight!

noteeth
    Free Member

Tomorrow, I think.

Note to self: do not buy any more frames.

Edric64
    Free Member

Going first thing in the morning ,it was good last year as well

woodsman
    Free Member

Congratulations Wilkinson Cycles – Best New Builder!

Allot of hours and thought went into making that frame and fork – I dread to think how many. My part was just laying some gravy on a well prepared dish. Love to see some pictures, you can’t miss it – it’s Green!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Well I came away completely unimpressed with all the stuff in my own stable.
    So many wonderful bikes and bits. Shiny bits as well.
    What stood out the most was the fantastic return to polished components not dull “heavy” black.
    If you can, go.

tang
    Free Member

Great show, excellent vibe and some fantastic stuff. All the builders were great to talk to. I took a pro roadie friend who has top of the range everything and is sponsored up to his eyeballs but had never experienced the nerd fest of this sort of thing where performance and stats are not top of the agenda, he loved it.
    Stw forum moment was when I was chatting with the Cotic boys about the Solaris and I mentioned that I’d emailed them about a 29r a while back.’You’re not Clink are you? He emails us every b…… Week!’

Stoner
    Free Member

On the train back from the show now. Brilliant event, loads of stuff on show and lots of people not yet too knackered to pass the time of day.

One or two exhibitors I shall be in touch with and I’ll definitely be back next year

Candodavid
    Free Member

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7229/6863384078_3f205f5b96_b.jpg[/img]

Here’s my new ride, thanks to Brian & Gary @ Curtis bikes

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Bespoked Bristol’ is closed to new replies.