Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Bespoked Bristol
  • Stoner
    Free Member

I’ve got some pics of that too! It is stunning. You bought it? Very well done sir!

Candodavid
    Free Member

I helped design & convince Gary to make it. It weighs less than the white one next to it.

luke
    Free Member

If anyone has pics from Robin Mathers and Crisp Ti’s stands that would be good to see.
    I was planning on going Sunday but a wife at work and a sick mother in law means I’m not going to make it, 4 hours each way on the train with 3 changes is not going to happen with the kids in tow 😥

Crell
    Free Member

Would love to see some (lots of) pictures from the show.

Stoner
    Free Member

I think the nciest looking frame was this one http://www.slatecycles.co.uk/ by Slate cycles in the “New Builders” room.

If someone can get a nice photo of it and post it up, thatd be tidy, its now finished and painted and looks great.

Oh, and http://www.thebicycleacademy.org/ is going to be my treat to myself this year if work goes well.

monkeyboyjc

Just got back form a visit and i’m in the process of uploading 120 photos – will post a link to the album when its done…

Great show – bigger than last year and quite busy, but no more so than other shows i’ve been to.
    lots of highlights which i’ll stick up in a mo…

monkeyboyjc

album link

Ok pics have uploaded….

😀

noteeth
    Free Member

Ace show, much bigger than last year & a great venue – all nicely topped off by the early summer San Fran Bristo sunshine.

TooTall
    Free Member

I’ll be down there first thing in the morning. Say hello if you spot a lilac 72cm Cannondale road bike outside and a tall handsome chap drooling over bikes!

tangent
    Free Member

was down there today with noteeth…it was wicked, however had bleached it too hard in San fran Bristo…so returning tomorrow (by Brompton) for another look.

Had been toying with the idea of taking a retro ti frame along which is in need of repair for evaluation by the Enigma crew, but think that could be a bit of a chore.

SSBonty
    Free Member

tangent (jon?) – is that the bonty ti you showed me when noteeth and I popped over to yours one day many years ago? (might have the wrong person completely!)

Hi Chris! Weather in San FranBristol sounds a bit warmer than Helsinki – garage in our newly bought place just flooded when the winter snow started to melt at the beginning of the week!

qwerty
    Free Member

I really liked Tim March’s trail / pub / wheelie / built for life, two speed single speed bike

sam42
    Free Member

Is it me or the photo or does the right hand seat stay on that Curtis xc9 look longer than the left? Also seems to bend higher? Not that I can judge, the seat stays on my course built self brazed frame were ever so slightly out…

Edric64
    Free Member

Tangent your frame needs to be weighed in at Thomass its fxxked

TooTall
    Free Member

It was great down there this morning. Some truly lovely bikes and the Mercian paint jobs were a delight. Cy – thanks for the chat and the Solaris is a lovely looking 29er indeed. V V tempted.

Edric64
    Free Member

Loved the Mercian barber pole paint job ,may have to sell a childs kidney to raise the money for a road frame from them

noteeth
    Free Member

garage in our newly bought place just flooded

Ah, the perils of the semi-glacial melt…! Glad to hear you’ve bought a house – sounds like things are going well out there.

In the absence of Tangent: yes, that is John and his derelict Bonty Ti. 😀

oxym0r0n

Candodavid – 😳 I’m sorry I had a sit on your bike!! apart from the (personal preference bars) I really liked it. How tall are you?

Spoke to Gary for a while as I’m really interested but wondered how much rider input went into the design… I’m not 100% sure about what geo I want 😕

crispedwheel
    Free Member

I spent a long time on Saturday staring at Candodavid’s bike – looked fantastic. Loved the bars too – what width and sweep are they?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I was chatting to a guy today who came over from Stockholm to visit the show (well, to look around That London too) and he said the show was fantastic. He’s a bike builder too and hoping to get a stand next year. I’ve seen some of his work and it’s mighty fine too.

He makes fixies so you lot might not be too bothered about that, but it shows the show is gaining interest from That Europe too

tangent
    Free Member

tangent (jon?) – is that the bonty ti you showed me when noteeth and I popped over to yours one day many years ago? (might have the wrong person completely!)

Hei there ?Duncan, yes it is the very same frame / place / and person!!! 😀

I was living in Oslo for a few good seasons, and one very long winter so can sympathise with your flooding prob. Although personally falling icicles were more more of hazard as the spring kicked in. Higly reccommend the riding around Oslo, if you get a chance to travel!

All the best,

J

Candodavid
    Free Member

Oxymoron – mail me and I can go into depth of what we did.
    Crispedwheel – both sets of bars on the 853 and the XC9 are both 685mm with 17deg sweep, the seven Ti bars I ordered direct from the states

oxym0r0n

Thanks Candodavid – hopefully deciphered your email address 😀

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Thanks Candodavid – I thought those Seven ti bars looked a similar width to those I currently use. Just checked out the prices, pretty reasonable – definitely moved to the top of my wish list!

Candodavid
    Free Member

Bars arrived within 10 days from states

noteeth
    Free Member

Hei there ?Duncan

Ian.

Lovely bike, Candodavid – one of the highlights of the show, for sure.

tangent
    Free Member

Hei there ?Duncan

Ian. … geuss that’s what the question mark was for!

Curtis v.nice indeed, and also appreciated those Seven ti handlebars with a jolly amount of backsweep. Was liking the Royce sticker one of the frames too…an kinda cool ‘best of British’ build

Candodavid
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments, will let you know what it’s like when I get it

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Bespoked Bristol’ is closed to new replies.